Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey right now I have 305 35 18 nitto nt555r tires on the back of my car, although I liked how they hooked, I'm looking for a street tire this year, as those tires only lasted me one season. For those of you with 18" wheels, what is the widest tire your running that you can find in a street tire? Ive found Falken Azenis RT-615K they're 315 30 18, and some nitto invo tires that are 295 35 18, but the tread pattern on the nitto one is ugly as hell. I've also found some BF Goodrich G-Force DIR KDWII that are 295 35 18, any input would be appreciated, just wondering if theres anything else out there besides these that a lot of people are running.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Nitto INVO

I was nervous at first but heres the story and the good outcome

I have the nitto invos in 295/35/18 these are by far the BEST wet traction performance tires ive ever owned and this is coming from falken azenis rt615's imo

nitto has better dry performance i have 4.10's , jlt cai, sniper race tuned (race shifts ect) full exhaust and i can easily do 2k rpm launches with the automatic with no spin.

wet traction
I gave these things a shot on wet traction tried to drift and did it extremely controlled due to the aggressive tread pattern good for pushing out the rain and launching in the rain was very easy with little spin and at only 213$ a piece on tire rack WELL WORTH the money! ive had a blast on the invos also before i could be in first and punch it at 25 and spin like hell with the nitto invos i can punch it at 25 - 30 and just go with no spin!

any how thats my review! btw tire buyer has nitto invos for 213 , tire rack i think is $218 or $ 220 but tell them tire buyers price and they will match and prolly drop below it! GL and nice stang and wheel choice

/THREAD lol

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
02GT how many miles did you get on those set of tires?

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
on the nitto invos im on 1,000 miles and no signs of wear its still got the nipples lol and thats after a few hard launches! ive seen on alot of forums its not uncommon to see 20 - 30k+ miles out of the invo's if i remember correctly there rated for 20k miles

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Oh sweet, I'm looking for some kick ass tires for not too much money, also how big can I go on the back? I'm lowered 2in all around. Sorry op for the questions, not meanng to hi-jack thread.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have the BFG G-forces and love them. I have about 3,000 miles on them and they show no sign of wear.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Oh sweet, I'm looking for some kick ass tires for not too much money, also how big can I go on the back? I'm lowered 2in all around. Sorry op for the questions, not meanng to hi-jack thread.
the biggest nitto makes the INVO's in is a 295 - 35 - 18 and its all the tire u need it still has all the grip ull ever need with an extremely aggressive stance

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got rid of my 18's. Decided they were too heavy and went with 15" JEGS. When I ran the 18's, I had crappy 295 summitomo's, but I regret not running 315s and a different brand. I heard a lot of good things about BF Goodrich and Nitto. I would definitely go 315 in one of the two brands.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
well i wanted a 315 nitto but the only nitto made in 315 is the 555's and 555r's i didnt want a drag radial or to spend an ass load of money went down to a 295 still have the aggressive stance i dont even see a difference in stance at a quick glance between 295 and 315 besides miniscule stuff.. i am happier with the 295 - 35 -18 invos lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts