Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of negative reactions to the car, but i dont want other people to poo poo on our interests. The s550 is hot and i will have to own one. I'm eagerly waiting to see how it handles with the IRS on and off the tracks. Also, i'm eager to see the ecoboost 4cyl make its mark on the mustang world. I personally am not a fan of the 3.5 in the f150, but I want to see the 2.3 do it's magic. Will it be badged as SVT, or offered in a base trim. Would they bring the SVO back into play? The 5.0 is rumored to have had some work done, imagine 420+ hp in a car that weighs 200 lbs less than an s197. Will this car clear the road, or what? One more thing. The rumored Mach 1's and gt350's with a 5.2 voodoo? :drool but the rumored 10 speed and 7 speed behind them and we have a pissed off combo. What are your thoughts guys?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I thought I heard that the 2.3 is going to be a sort of "GT" not an svt model? And I'm also excited to see the real world performance of the 2.3. Also I hope the 5.0 gets closer to 450 hp.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Lets be real
213 Posts
I love the new mustangs looks, I agree we have to keep up with the times with options such as IRS, forced induction and all the modern accouterments. I also want some Hard numbers on power plant options, weight wheelbase etc. as well as transmission options. This is a step in the right direction IMHO, less weight, nimble suspension and modern power!!! I am PUMPED!

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i figured that would be the way of it. Although it is pricier than a base v6 which makes sense. The car is moving to the future, the car needs to modernize. We aren't stuck in the 60's and 70's. We need to move on.

·
'Murica
4,545 Posts
Is it bad but I'm most excited to hear more about the turbo'ed 4 and 8 (rumor'ed I believe)? I never thought I would be a fan (with the 6 and all) but a turbo factory Mustang gets a thumbs up in my book.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
In my opinion, the back is ****ing sexy as hell. Which is funny cause most of the complainers are complaining about that. I think it's gorgeous, like a modernized 65/66 Fastback.

My only concern is what I anticipate the price to be. A lot of goodies and power to keep between $30-40k. Wonder if they're going to try to get the 4 cylinder turbo into the more "GT" price level and make the GT more of a high end price level. That would be a bummer but we'll have to see.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Is it bad but I'm most excited to hear more about the turbo'ed 4 and 8 (rumor'ed I believe)? I never thought I would be a fan (with the 6 and all) but a turbo factory Mustang gets a thumbs up in my book.
Rumor has it they are building a twin turbo v8.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
is it sad that i've seriously been thinking about selling my house and moving back in with my parents to buy one of these? :lmao

i love everything about it. the rear end looks light years better than the current model's rear. i also love the way the body lines flow instead of being just a big block with a defined front end. i was kind of feeling like car manufacturers were starting to lose their imagination with their designs. seems like the current mustangs are lacking character. my favorite subtle details on the car though (and i don't think anybody has pointed this out yet) are those hood vents.

and in all honesty, though it would be cool, i really hope they don't call the 2.3 turbo an SVO. my dream car is an '86 SVO, and they're getting super hard to find in good condition, so you know all the old guys with money who don't even give a **** about the car itself will go out and buy a new "SVO" and want an older SVO to park next to it "just because". then i can say goodbye to my dream of ever owning one

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Thanks for making this thread. Tired of all the nay-sayers calling it a 2-door fusion.

Anyway, the fastback style is really appealing, and they did an excellent job with the rear-end. I was actually not fond of it until I saw pictures from Ford. The current generation interiors aren't that great in my opinion, I actually think the new edge interiors were a nice design but i think the s550 interior is the best yet.

Engine options we've known about, but I'm worried the GT will be in the high 30k range, and the 2.3l turbo will be in the low 30k range like the GT currently is. I may settle for the svo model, but I really want the 5.0.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
they did an excellent job with the rear-end. I was actually not fond of it until I saw pictures from Ford.

i think the s550 interior is the best yet.
agreed on both accounts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love it. I don't understand all the hate it is getting.
Eh, the hate is understandable. Not everyone is going to get a car they like. Take the new Edge for example. That thing looked like a steaming pile of poo, and I even owned one. I've seen a lot of guys who think they are the best looking stangs ever built. Are they wrong? No, I just don't like em. They don't like my S197. Nothing wrong with that either.

Really, you have groups: One who likes evolutionary styling, and one who likes revolutionary styling. I'm an evolutionary type guy and I can see cues that harken back to the 65's and 69's. For me, those evolutionary cues are a must. I look at the 2015, and I can see how it's descended from those legendary Gen 1 Mustangs.

For someone who was looking for something radically new, those cues hearken back to a distant past with no relevance to a modern car. To them, a Mustang is simply the highest performing mass produced 2 door Ford available. Rear wheel drive is likely a must, but beyond that, it's all about performance. Cues that hearken back 50 years to them keep the car from reaching the potential that it may have. They want something revolutionary and breathtaking.

Are they wrong? No, they just want something different than I, and the other evolutionary folks prefer. In the end, as long as it smokes a Camaro, it will be a winner overall.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I just dont get how in gods name people keep saying it looks like a 370z, morons.

Love the new design though, especially that gray converitble GT!

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Bubba if I ever find a SVO in really good shape, I'm going to buy it and tow it over to your house with my s550.

You better have yuenuneunnling ready.

·
Registered
192 Posts
2015 Ford Mustang GT [w/videos] - Autoblog

This article has some good general info about overall dimensions and lots of pictures and some vids. Overall its bigger but supposedly lighter. The transmissions are going unchanged but the auto is getting paddles.

Every time I look at it the S550 grows on me, probably the first time i think the back end looks better than the front, but both are very aggressive and modern. I am concerned about the price as well but I cant wait to see how it goes around a track.

The interior looks great in my opinion and I like the jet-like push button start and toggle switches, cant wait to sit in one.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
Bubba if I ever find a SVO in really good shape, I'm going to buy it and tow it over to your house with my s550.

You better have yuenuneunnling ready.
bro i would organize an armed takeover of the yueueneuingling factory for a whole week if you did that

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Any photos of the automatic shifter yet?

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
I like it a lot. At first I wasn't sure but it is REALLY growing on me. My ONLY complaint is that the very front of the hood just dips down unexpectedly, but there's probably a good reason for it so I won't complain. Plus, its the first year of it, they'll refine it even more as the years go so its all good in my book.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts