Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if u experienced rubbing in the rear with a an extra passenger in the back or going over rough streets?

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
None. I've run Sumitomo and Nitto 315s with my pro-kit and have never had an issue.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ive got the pro kit, 315's in the back....ive never had any problems.

oh yea and i dont have any iso's either

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I was just curious since this is my DD and I have to drive more than 1 passenger sometimes.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
how low is your car? my car will also rub sometimes if i go into a steep incline at an angle. my car has been lowered about 2in. if you end up with rubbing issues you just gotta roll the fenders, i just havent rolled mine yet.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I didn't have issues untill I put on my PHB. Now when I make a sharp Left turn into some drive ways I rub on the inside fender well. Otherwise I don't ever rub, I have 285's on my 17x10.5".

·
Registered
310 Posts
Started off at 2.5" drop (looked sick) with 18/275/35 and 18/295/35 and would rub both front and back given the right conditions. I'm at about 1.8" front and back now with curled fenders and have no issues. My only issue is that even with camber bolts and CC plates I still cant get my alignment spot on.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
That sounds wrong. You should be able to get it into spec. its possible that your CC plates were installed in a bad position. They could be limiting your movement more than they should be. I hear shops complain about that every once in a while.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah its odd...I think it's due to the top design of my eibach coil overs. I think that the diameter of the circle disc at the top is just slightly too big for the space allowed; it hits the wall of the tower right before the alignment is perfect...could be wrong though.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
never had mine rub

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
No rub when i had the gt, if i took a hard ass bump, then yea it hit the fenderwell. And if i had my car packed with 4 ppl and hit a nice dip or somethin, but thats about it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sorry for the late reply... I am lowered about 1.5in in the front and 1in in the back with roush springs but I'm planning on getting some wheels soon and I didn't want to run into any problems. I couldn't get my alignment into spec either with my cc plates. Maybe I did something wrong but I followed the directions to the letter.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Sorry for the late reply... I am lowered about 1.5in in the front and 1in in the back with roush springs but I'm planning on getting some wheels soon and I didn't want to run into any problems. I couldn't get my alignment into spec either with my cc plates. Maybe I did something wrong but I followed the directions to the letter.
you shouldnt have any issues with rubbing being your only lowered one inch. idk about your alignment tho.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I run 295's on some 18x10's and have never rubbed. But my buddys stock Mach rubbed with 315's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts