Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got my vortech installed today and when i picked it up, the shop told me that my check engine light was on because they needed to install an air inlet temp sensor. Well i bought frpp 42lb injectors and the 90mm lightning maf, apperently my stock maf had this sensor in it and the 90mm does not....?? ok i get it but ive seen many setups like mine and i havent noticed the sensor drilled and tapped into the discharge tube? so what are you guys using? obviously i want my car right and i now how the sensor works but i overlooked this issue and the shop says they are going to order the sensor tomorrow and tap it into the discharge tube.?. is this right? also the boost doesnt seem to come on hard and is weak when shifting??? i dont think the belt is slipping but something seems off? quik info i have 02' gt 4.6L, 75mm TB, 75mm plenum , 42lb injectors, 90mm maf, sct tune... way conservative pulling alot of timing for safety" non- intercooled" vortech v2 s-trim, exhaust ect ect. anyways im fed up with little quirks that hold me back. seems like it builds boost off and on, sometimes its frying tires and others it almost barley building boost? im baffled? although i havent ripped it due to no air inlet temp sensor and check engine light on.?. any suggestions will be appreciated...

·
Registered
374 Posts
ok so i got my vortech installed today and when i picked it up, the shop told me that my check engine light was on because they needed to install an air inlet temp sensor. Well i bought frpp 42lb injectors and the 90mm lightning maf, apperently my stock maf had this sensor in it and the 90mm does not....?? ok i get it but ive seen many setups like mine and i havent noticed the sensor drilled and tapped into the discharge tube? so what are you guys using? obviously i want my car right and i now how the sensor works but i overlooked this issue and the shop says they are going to order the sensor tomorrow and tap it into the discharge tube.?. is this right? also the boost doesnt seem to come on hard and is weak when shifting??? i dont think the belt is slipping but something seems off? quik info i have 02' gt 4.6L, 75mm TB, 75mm plenum , 42lb injectors, 90mm maf, sct tune... way conservative pulling alot of timing for safety" non- intercooled" vortech v2 s-trim, exhaust ect ect. anyways im fed up with little quirks that hold me back. seems like it builds boost off and on, sometimes its frying tires and others it almost barley building boost? im baffled? although i havent ripped it due to no air inlet temp sensor and check engine light on.?. any suggestions will be appreciated...
everything on mine was ready to go from modular theres some what of an engine shot in my garage check it out, the car should feel likea new beast the tune is pulling way to much timing and weak afr probably take it some where and get a real tune.

·
Registered
112 Posts
1. You say you haven't ripped on it. That's when you make boost! At WOT and mid to high RPMs. Otherwise there's too much engine vacuum to close the bypass valve and allow boost to build. Make sure you have a boost gauge to monitor what's going on. 2. Your tune may be holding you back. Shame you went non-intercooled-you could use a lot more timing advance with the intercooler which really helps make power.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
just go buy a a ford temp sensor or a boneyad and get it for cheap..you will need to tap the tb pipe and you need the rubber grommet....
look at your mass harness, and each wire on the outside is for the temp sensor....
the right and left wires are temp...anything between is not....
all taurus,focus,mustang,ect appear to have the same temp sensor, don't quote, but they all look the same to me...just be sure to get the grommit that holds it in the iontake pipe...
mount it as close the the tb as you can..upper l;eft on the elbow going to tb

it's hard to see, but it's on the elbow..

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah bro... your not going to feel much of anything unless you hold it WOT and let it get some boost. The car is going to run around in vaccum constantly until WOT. Need to rev out some rpms and you'll feel it. Do you have an A/F guage?

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Def need a temp sensor. You either need to get one, clip the wire for temp from your maf and wire it up OR get a MAF with the temp sensor in it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Let Her Rip!!!!!!!:d

·
Registered
374 Posts
get a cooler it will be more aggressive!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Should have got a KB ;)

In all seriousness, iat sensor is one of the most important sensors on a blown car. timing is based off this. get one on car asap and I would stay out of boost(at least don't "rip on it") they probably used a low setting to prevent detonation but I would feel uneasy without it

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
turbot4 if you could that would be sweet. and yeah like i said its a real conservative tune. so hopefully i can get this **** done by the weekend. sucks having it on and not letting it eat

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
hey, my car has never had that hooked up i believe. Is that bad? LOL. Its just laying in the engine bay i believe?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
hey, my car has never had that hooked up i believe. Is that bad? LOL. Its just laying in the engine bay i believe?
ours weren't integrated into the MAF like the newer models were. So there is a seperate wire for ours. I have mine in between my MAF and the TB b/c where procharger has a provision is on the inlet tube, and that's stupid because the air has yet to be compressed and intercooled yet.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
your mass has a temp sensor in it....but with fi it should be as close to tb as possiable, cmon baker you should know this...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i know what it is and what it does but just dont have it hooked up. Apparently its fine. There was no hole. There was one in my stock procharger inlet. So with it there i thought, "that air is going to be the same temp as outside because it is not getting compressed so why does it matter.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Yep, exact problem with my car man, Im ordering my IAT sensor now. Where can I order it online for a good price??

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
i know what it is and what it does but just dont have it hooked up. Apparently its fine. There was no hole. There was one in my stock procharger inlet. So with it there i thought, "that air is going to be the same temp as outside because it is not getting compressed so why does it matter.
*EDIT* I DIDN'T READ SLOW ENOUGH!!! YOUR FINE....JUST IN MY CASE IT WAS FOR THE BEST!!
DAMN CAPS!!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
caps = getting loud turbo?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts