Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im getting gauges for my soon to be supercharged mustang. What gauges do you believe are more important. So far i know im getting a boost/vacuum gauge, Oil pressure gauge, and an air fuel ratio. I need to get one more gauge because its a package deal. Should i get a oil temperature, water temperature, or fuel pressure gauge?

·
Too broke
787 Posts
keep the gauges in sight, WIDEBAND is the most important. get fuel psi

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
555 Posts
Fuel pressure is almost useless. If you have a returnless system then your pressure will fluctuate continually rendering it pointless unless you know theoretical pressure at a given load/throttle position/ and rpm of your engine. Your wideband will give you a better fuel issue reading then a PSI gauge. On a return system it will let you ensure you are continually operating at your set pressure.

You are better of running boost. It will give you an indication of a boost leak in your system.

my .02

jay

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Fuel pressure is almost useless. If you have a returnless system then your pressure will fluctuate continually rendering it pointless unless you know theoretical pressure at a given load/throttle position/ and rpm of your engine. Your wideband will give you a better fuel issue reading then a PSI gauge. On a return system it will let you ensure you are continually operating at your set pressure.

You are better of running boost. It will give you an indication of a boost leak in your system.

my .02

jay
The options are oil temperature, water temperature, or fuel pressure.

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

my .02

jay
That makes sense

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw i ment to say that i will be running a plx wideband gauge instead of air fuel ratio that i put in the first post

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did some more research and came to the conclusion that oil temperature would be a much better gauge then a water temp because it will tell you when operating temperatures are reached and when your oil is too hot warning you to calm down as well as warning you that you might be low on oil.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Most important are oil pressure, Boost/vac, Coolant Temperature, voltage. All the Air fuel gauges are is pretty unless you buy a real expensive one, and most tuners will tell you that you dont need that gauge. for an automatic the last gauge would be a tranny temp gauge.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Get a quality wideband a/f (UEGO, Innovate, Aeroforce), make sure it's a wideband and nothing other. And get a quality boost gauge. That's all I would get, forget the package deal.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

my .02

jay
Couldn't agree more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts