Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MM! I have a 95' v6 5spd and I have been deciding on the right setup for my car. Ive decide on modifications internally and a few bolt ons, gearing and forced induction and a proper tune.
Im very curious on a F/I system on a 95 Mustang with PCV though.
I was reading a article about a PCV Bypass on SSMS and it started to make me think a bit more on F/I.
The end conclusion regarding forced induction was blowby in the crankcase from positive pressure in the pcv valve, and in the manifold and crankcase and so on, and causing it to go nowhere and stay in the system...
Now this cant be stopped but can be "somewhat" prevented by removing the PCV.
But then again is it worse to remove it?
Now this was directed towards "One-way Valves"
Now Im not very familiar with PCV systems. Ive never had to deal with them much. But it does sound like a big concern for Forced Induced systems.
Its either going to decrease your volumetric efficency with F/I and cause a bad air/fuel ratio.
Or in the end by removing cause a decrease in performance by pressurizing the crankcase, and constantly buying recharge kits for your filters and cleaning up leaks.
Now this does sound like a endless battle of hell.
And Im just curious if there is any smart solution for this?
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
a pcv bypass is not needed until your making huge amounts of hp. This will not a noticable affect on you for goin with f/i. You'll be fine.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
pcv is not a huge issue as ssms makes it seem. usually that vacuum port used where the old pcv went gets taken up by something else

for me for instance i use it for my waste gate and on both valve covers i just have air breathers(small filters)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts