Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about which route I should take with Forced Induction on my '04 Mach. Since I really want to beat or at least keep up with a decently modded Cobra. I know it's going to have to be something radical. The problem is that I don't know much about superchargers. I have a pretty good understanding of turbos, because of my diesel tuning background. I want a good all around car that can still be comfortable on a long drive. Any help will be much appreciated. Also I know I need forged internals. Would it be worthwhile to just pull the motor and swap for a termi?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
well you can beat any cobra but 03/04's

also, you can beat a stock 03/04 with pretty much just bolt on's. full exhaust, tune, ported intake, CAI, UDP's, and gears and you can take a 03/04 from a stop. the top top end though it may pull back past.

you could throw a blower on aswell, and at that point you could take a exhaust/intake 03/04, and possibly a pullied one.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I wouldn't swap the motor out. Just get some H-beams and some lower compression forged pistons and you are set. You already have the forged crank, and since we have aluminum blocks you will have that much less weight. Big low end power=whipple or KB Big top end power=Procharger or Turbo. I am builing mine into a high compression n/a monster with some juice to plow the termi boys with. But if you are gonna go boost, I would say slap a nice big whipple or KB on it, then put the shaker back on to hide it all fairly well.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant 03/04 Cobras, and I definately am thinking of supercharging the car now. I have heard great things about the Kenne Bell. What size Whipple should I consider? I want to make some respectable numbers and I want the car to kind of be a sleeper. I have read that certain blowers are extremely loud. while that sounds cool and all I don't want to advertise what's under the hood. Once again thank you for the help.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
i dont think u could do turbo or blower without people noticing whats under the hood. alot of centrifugal blowers have a light whistle even at idle rpm's.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think u could do turbo or blower without people noticing whats under the hood. alot of centrifugal blowers have a light whistle even at idle rpm's.
Well if that is the case then I guess the car is going to have a whistle. Thanks for the help bro.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I'd say KB or Procharger. I've seen where Machs respond pretty damn well to them (ProC).

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will a blower kit for a termi bolt right up? I have heard that there is a minor difference in bolt pattern. I feel like a moron for asking all of these questions, but I do appreciate you guys taking the time to answer my questions.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just researching the KB 2.8L and the Whipple 3.4L kits. From what I have gathered from you guys and the magazines they seem to be heavily favored and reasonably priced.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, but I don't like nitrous and I would never consider it. Thank you though. I had a bad nitrous experience with a Duramax.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I feel like a moron for asking all of these questions, but I do appreciate you guys taking the time to answer my questions.
dont worry about it man, thats what this section is all about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
cobra shortblock or build yours with forged stuff, lower the compression a full point and strap on a blower centi or roots doesnt matter..

ive run neck and neck with cobra stock for stock..course im not stock and neither are most cobras nowdays but when they were brand new..

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
An Eaton won't get you that much power compared to a KB or Whipple. It will also cost quite a bit to get your car set up for an Eaton when you could spend just a little more for a kit from one of the two that you want.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
umm... id go with tubros myself *points and swervos mach*

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
im thinking turbo on mine. thats just me though

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
ya, im going tt when i get the money and my car paid off

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
there's something about a turbo car.. it blows my mind. if you've ever drove a 400+ hp turbo car you'de know what im talking about.

I like the fact that my cars decently fast anyways and then spooling up and getting that boost. damn how awesome.

its not like a little honda motor they are slow and turbos make them fast.. in my case its fast and turbo makes it incredibly fast :) plus if you are careful before you race they wont know its turbo unless u let them hear the bov. imagine their face when you shift down and they hear it spool up imediatly and you put bus lengths on them.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
exactly why i want one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts