Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I'm giving a Ford 390 4V engine for free, but a friend offered me this type of engine for free to me to install in my SN-95 5.0

Says that it came from a Ford Galaxie, its the four-barrel carb one.

The question is... would this engine bolt to the manual trans in my 1995 Mustang?

Obviously this would be a carbed engine, fuel pump would need to be changed and a whole other stuff, but what worries my most if I accept this engine is if it would bolt on to the trans?

Any other stuff or comments that you can add will also help in my decission:cool:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I got a rebuilt 305 with ported heads, cam (not sure of the specs but I know its better than the stock one), weiand accelerator intake high rise and a TH-350 trans for my 75' camaro. Just need a carb, dizzy, and radiator to get it running. Bought some long tube summit headers for it as well. :)

Its no 390, but a free engine is a free engine. :cool:

Anyway, do you have the stock t-5 in your car? That may fit...BUT I would definitely upgrade to something a bit more beefy like a TKO600 or something. Again, I'm not sure if those will fit, but the t-5 is pretty universal from what I have heard. Just need to beef it up to handle that beast of a motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts