Modded Mustang Forums banner

ford/aftermarket security system help

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  asiansensation78 
#1 ·
Ever since I got my 2000 I've always thought it had an aftermarket alarm on it, when i hit the lock button on the ford keyless entry it locks both doors and two alarm beeps chirp. not the horn, it has an actual siren on it like an aftermarket alarm would come with. if i hit the lock button twice the horn then beeps like normal. I finally figured I'd crawl under the dash and see what brand it is, and it just has a giant ford logo on the top of the box, but it does look just like an aftermarket alarm box. Anyone ever delt with one of these before? the weird part is that it's very sensitive(if you bump the car at all it gives out a warning sound), when the alarm does go off the horn does not go off just the aftermarket siren. it also has a starter deactive on it. My only problem with it is it's sensivity, when i take it to the track i have to park far away because just a open header car driving by will set it off. Also, if you just shut the door and walk away the alarm will arm itself after 90 seconds, wether the doors are locked, the doors open, unlocked, anything. this really gets annoying when i'm trying to do something to it. I've never seen any ford alarm like this. anyone have any idea?

#3 ·
It's a Code Security unit. There's a shock sensor that goes to the smaller harness on the primary module, the small white knob on it will adjust the sensitivity of the shock sensor. If you open the primary module via removing the phillips screws, there are 4 dip switches inside that can be set to shut off the automatic arming and the starter lockout. E-mail me and I'll send you a diagram.

#5 ·
It's a Code Security unit. There's a shock sensor that goes to the smaller harness on the primary module, the small white knob on it will adjust the sensitivity of the shock sensor.
do you know how to stop it from automatically arming itself? if i can stop that from happening it'll take care of all my problems. :cool:

#10 ·
btw one more question for ya, can i just unplug it from all the connectors to take it apart then plug it back in when done and have it all still work just the same? I dunno if this has any type of programming that would have to be done if i unplugged it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.