Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading some where for ford customer service rep posting on forums. Dynisha or something like that was the name. But you would get a hold of him and he would contact the dealer and take care of any issues that I'm experiencing with the car.

I'm to the point where I'm tired of talking to the dealer to see what's going on with my car. I'm getting much lower WHP than anyone else posting their dyno's, I have an excessive cranking issue where occasionally the car will take 3-5 seconds longer to start of pure cranking before ignition. Usually it's about 3-4 cranks which is maybe a second. But there has been multiple times where it has taken 15 or so cranks before it starts.

Also I have a small vibration at about ~1400 rpms that is ALWAYS there and only right about at that rpm range. As far as the WHP, I have 306 WHP and 298 WTQ according to the dyno which everyone is reporting any where from 365-390WHP and 340WTQ stock. Which is way below everyone else. Also on the dyno graph my peak on my WHP is around 4-5k rpms then it almost flatlines, Not 6800RPM! Which seems very odd. Also the A/F is not retarding it seems according to the monitor during the dyno. It just stays flat while he nails the throttle. Every dyno i've seen the ratio looks like to be around a 12 or so when they nail the throttle. Mine remains around a 14.

So the dealer keeps telling me there is ntohing they can do because there is no check engine light poping up. And they ASSURED me if it was doing an excessive crank, that it would trigger a light. Also the dealer told me if you press the gas peddal at any point during cranking. That will cause the car to do that. I've proven that wrong because I've pressed the peddal to see if it stopped cranking and it wouldn't change anything if it started or not.

So if anyone knows the number or a way I can get this taken care of since my dealership doesn't want to own up to the problem. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
sounds like you bought a lemon. keep in mind though, those dyno numbers don't mean alot. if you live at a high altitude that will have a huge effect on your numbers.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't live at a high altitude, I live in seattle washington which I believe we are fairly close to sea level. Alot of people are saying I have a lemon. I've taken it in once for the excessive cranking issue. They can't figure it out. So when I call them back to take it in again after it does it again. They tell me they can't do anything for me and wont look at it unless I can tell them how to duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Deysha (Female) and a very nice lady.
f: facebook.com/Ford

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a few multiple problems with my car. Clutch sticking in at higher rpms, rough shifting, excessive cranking and according to my dyno results. 40-60 WHP and 30-45 WTQ less than what everyone else is posting stock.

I finally got the car into the shop again on tuesday night and they held onto it for 2 days. They ordered the new clutch pedal assembly to fix the clutch sticking in at higher rpms which seems resolved now.

They changed the Fluid for the transmission per service bulletin which made a huge difference in how smooth and easy it is to shift into gears now.

Also they reprogrammed my PCM and oh man what a difference. I notice a huge difference in the cars power now. Before I was able to be rolling at 5mph and floor it in 1st gear and never break the tires lose going through 1-2-3. Also the car felt lazy at the lower rpms. After this program, if I floor it in first the tires immediatly start spinning so I have to controll the thorttle. The car pulls so much harder and the throttle response is much better than it ever used to be. Only time will tell if the excessive cranking issue is gone.

I will try to get another dyno soon to see how much it has really changed.

So keep in touch with your dealers if you are having any issues!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've had a few multiple problems with my car. Clutch sticking in at higher rpms, rough shifting, excessive cranking and according to my dyno results. 40-60 WHP and 30-45 WTQ less than what everyone else is posting stock.

I finally got the car into the shop again on tuesday night and they held onto it for 2 days. They ordered the new clutch pedal assembly to fix the clutch sticking in at higher rpms which seems resolved now.

They changed the Fluid for the transmission per service bulletin which made a huge difference in how smooth and easy it is to shift into gears now.

Also they reprogrammed my PCM and oh man what a difference. I notice a huge difference in the cars power now. Before I was able to be rolling at 5mph and floor it in 1st gear and never break the tires lose going through 1-2-3. Also the car felt lazy at the lower rpms. After this program, if I floor it in first the tires immediatly start spinning so I have to controll the thorttle. The car pulls so much harder and the throttle response is much better than it ever used to be. Only time will tell if the excessive cranking issue is gone.

I will try to get another dyno soon to see how much it has really changed.

So keep in touch with your dealers if you are having any issues!
Happy to see you got this fixed. When I read this earlier I didn't want to post anything.. It's one of the hardest things to prove and fix in my opinion. The loss of power is why the Camaro is still setting at the Ford dealer where I traded it in. The chevy dealer tried for a year and finally told me there was nothing to be done. Kudos to your dealer for working with you. At least they didn't ask you to wax it :banghead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts