Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my ford GT fuel pump is coming in tomorrow. Ive heard A.its a plug and play fuel pump for our cars, and B. it needs modification.

Who actually has one and knows what needs to be modded or not modded? im shooting for 380hp

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Its not a direct replacement, but it doesnt take too much work. You need to file down some plastic so it gets held in place, the outlet for the pump is a little smaller than the id of the gas line, and if I remember correctly the power plug is different.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
that is a good writeup. is the gt pump seriously a 700 hp capable pump? im going to need to upgrade for my build.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
What is the max duty cycle you should run?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
ya that's what i figured. thanks :)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
a single GT pump should hold up to approx 600rwhp. also depends on power adder method, pprv or not, fuel mapping, fuel line size, etc. lot of people will max them out at lower power levels because of one of those reasons or a leak in the fuel line.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
a single GT pump should hold up to approx 600rwhp. also depends on power adder method, pprv or not, fuel mapping, fuel line size, etc. lot of people will max them out at lower power levels because of one of those reasons or a leak in the fuel line.
600 hp na maybe. not with any type of fi. on a boost car it may support close to 500 with a bap.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Not sure about that. Most guys running twin ford gt pumps run out of steam around 700

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
700? then something not quiet right. running stock 5/16 fuel line is going to up the fpdc, it will no matter what pump you want to run.

the GT itself can pump out over 1000rwhp without modification. minor differences between that car and ours, but nothing that upgrades cant take care of. well that is everything except distance to fuel rails.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
not sure about that, kenne bell rates dual ford gt pumps with a 17.5 volt bap to 800 hp. not saying they are right but alot plays in the mix. yes larger lines and rails will drop duty cycle by about 3-6 percent, and larger injecters deff help alot. but i dont see a single ford gt pump no bap with a delta pressure of 40 psi holding down much over 500 rwhp on 16+ pounds of boost. that would be a minimum rail pressure of 56 psi to maintain.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the thing with power adder sights is that everything is a reference point. i have seen GT pumps perker out at 475 and see some 525+ with some left. the thing with the aviator and GT pumps is they can deliver power and volume as long as the fuel mapping is tuned. pressure and volume is something the aviator and GT pumps both can maintain.

i guess another thing to take into consideration is power per lb of boost on 2v vs 4v. hell, i'm little drunk right now, so thinking is just little blurry.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
im still not sure about that man, i run a 4v with 20# of boost and it only makes 630 rwhp.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've read it can handle up to 600hp for one pump. Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of drilling holes in the basket?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts