Modded Mustang Forums banner

Ford GT fuel pump?

8K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  supercharged03gt 
#1 ·
Does the Ford GT fuel pump fit in a GT fuel tank or do you have to modify it? Also what is the LPH on the pump?

#3 ·
it does i hve the GT pump and its a direct replacement, however i dont have mine installed

#4 ·
hmm.. 310lph is nice I am looking at that or the aviator pump. the aviator is rated at 270lph i think. If the GT pump will fit i will probably get that.

#5 ·
So it does in fact fit with no extra modification? Also how much rwhp can it take.

#7 ·
anyone that has the Ford GT pump post how you like it and your hp to the wheels.

#9 ·
right.... only people with real cars post please. haha (caugh caugh)IZZE01

#11 · (Edited)
yes the tank has to be modified i just had a pump put on my car cost me about 700.00.
was told my pump was good to 650hp.

#12 ·
um 9s in the 1/8 was about $10,000 ago and without a supercharger

#13 ·
dcrow i thought it had to be. what all has to be done

#14 ·
I didnt want to have to bother with dropping tank so i took it in somewhere... well they were pos's and couldnt modify the canister. People are like, are you ****ing serious? Its almost a direct replacement. I sent it to them with canister and they put it in and mailed it back for free... '

Anyways its a drop in, with minor modifications to make it fit. Not sure what though.

#15 ·
they had to drop the tank and modify it.
i'm assumming the carriage inside or the return lines,i did not go into detail
on what they did.
i have the pump number though,it is FM 4G7Z-9A407.
i am going back to get my car retuned tomorrow and i can ask for the details.
i was not happy with what my car was putting down to the wheel so i changed the pulley out on the blower.
it was putting down 370.8rwhp and 373tq and that was at 8.5 psi.
i will be running 12 psi and should be putting down 420rwhp tomorrow,i will show you guys the dyno sheet when i get it.

#16 ·
hmm. well if i do get it ill take it to the shop that did my supercharger. he knows his stuff. does anyone know what needs to be modified to make it work so i can explain it to the guy doing it

#17 ·
that would be good if you could find out what needs to be done and let me know. Also does anyone have the aviator pump?

#18 ·
i will find out tomorrow and let you know.
i am video taping my dyno and tune i will post it tomorrow also.

#19 ·
im not going to pretend like i know cuz i dont. but i remember reading an article about a 1000HP gt that was street legal and it didnt have the fuel pump upgraded. it was in a musclemustangs mag, someone correct me if im wrong.

#20 ·
yeah, but the gt has twin pumps too. i have an aviator, but havent installed it yet. i am leaning toward twin cobra's for mine since i am about to build and dont think it will keep up. if i do that, then we will be installing it in doc's mach.

#22 ·
Hey dcrow did you ever find out what had to be modified?

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.