Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to buy a Ford GT pump, and I'm a little confused now. This guy is selling his for $100:

Ford GT Fuel Pump Brand New - Corral Forums

What's that blue ring that comes with it? His is already sold, but someone else is selling a brand new one as well for $100 but it doesn't have that blue ring. Also, the part number that's on the one that I'm gonna buy is as follows:

WALBRO
4G7V-9350-CA
F10000128
PAT 5257916

I thought the Ford GT part number was 4G7Z-9A407-CA. I've Googled this to death and I can't really get a straight answer.

So, A) what is and do I need that blue ring in that picture, and B) what's the different between the two fuel pumps?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
no you don't need the blue ring, i still have mine left over.. i think there are 2 different part numbers for that pump

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
No you dont need the ring, and if finding out if its the right one etc is such a hassle have you gone to the dealership. You can get one for the same price, take it back if its not the right one, not have to pay shipping, and not have to wait to get it if its in stock, and if its not in stock they can usually have it the next day. Along with the risk of buying online.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the dealerships around me sell them for an arm and a leg, at $220.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anybody with a Ford GT fuel pump that bought one from Ford directly, what part number do you have stamped on the pump itself, 4G7V-9350-CA or 4G7Z-9A407-CA? Also, what number came on the box?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
9a407.... im about 98% sure!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured it out. The part number on the pump itself if the correct part number, the 4G7Z-9A407-CA number is the part number to the whole assembly, as in the pump plus the sock and the plastic housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts