Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well justin at jpc chimmed in sayin this..

"
They are the Ford Racing "Hot Rod" cams.

The cams installed and dynoed will runn apprx $2500 installed. the cams retail for $750, springs and retainers=$450, some other small misc hardware and the rest is labor to install, and dyno labor. It's apretty big job!! The cams are not availible, but if you wish to stay in touch with us on them you can contact us at, 410-768-3025, or e-mail @ [email protected]ks!"

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
holy **** thats steep.. for just a cam swap. i've thought about cams for these things, i might read the manual and write a diy for it. i know you need a few specific tools to keep everything locked down. seams these motors respond well to longer duration and narrow lsa's..thump thump thump...haha gotta love the sound of a big bump stick

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Well cam installation and a dyno tune for $1300 isn't insane, its actually pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy **** thats steep.. for just a cam swap. i've thought about cams for these things, i might read the manual and write a diy for it. i know you need a few specific tools to keep everything locked down. seams these motors respond well to longer duration and narrow lsa's..thump thump thump...haha gotta love the sound of a big bump stick
not really the cams arent that huge of a gain..
that price is for cams spring retainers and all the toher **** but i heard u can just throw in the cams and be good but its the same as bbr stage 2s. no springs nothing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1300 is just for the parts the other 1200 is labor, separately not bad but together is pretty steep.

·
Registered
174 Posts
man redfire your beating me up today! what i meant was that if you diden't have to pay both it would be nice. but if you think about it cams, install, and dyno tune isn't that bad. but either way 2500 is a chunck of change for 35 +/- hp. and to rebuilder most people aren't capable of installing cams themselves, not to mention you need $300 worth of tools to do them. from what i hear.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
bad news! straight from justin's mouth "We saw 23rwhp on that particular car, they are actually N/A based cams."

so blower guys stick with bbr stage 2s... and for n/a might as well stick with them too lol blower cams gave better results... thats hilarious!

btw justin's pretty damn cool for takin his time out of the day to talk to me thru youtube! lol. ima have to call him once i set up my plans...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts