Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
"Junior, hold my hat!"
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 4.10 gear kit from AM in May and my local speed shop finally had a chance to install them five months later. I do most of my work but didn't have the time or experience to try this and I wanted it done right so I waited and I'm glad I did.

I have a 06 with Pro 5.0 stick and the Ford Racing 4.10s really wake the 4.6 up and make it feel like a different car. Haven't spun the tires yet during break in but I have done some nice launches and the car is much quicker from 1-4 and the engine is in the sweet spot of its power band at all times with the 4.10s. Transformational performance mod and best bang for the buck so far.

The kit includes the gears, oil, gaskets and everything else you need including an SCT tuner with three tunes and the ability to recalibrate the speedo. The gears are great...no grinding or noise. Rear end sounds the same but performs remarkably better.

Unfortunately none of the three custom Bama tunes will fire the car! Had to call SCT and explained the dilemma and they informed me there is def a problem with all three tunes and instructed me tocontact BAMA and have them send me three new tunes which should solve the problem.

For now I'm running on a stock tune and I'm still blown away by the upgrade in performance. It really is like having a different car. Recommend this upgrade to anybody running stock gears in a GT.

Aluminum drive shaft ordered today and up next along with installing a working race tune once I call BAMA and explain what happened.

·
"Junior, hold my hat!"
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So American Muscle and Bama worked with me and after I gave them the strategy code off my Mustang they helped me download three new tunes that work for my GT. I installed the '93 octane race tune which also re-calibrated my Speedo for the 4.10s. Holy crap! I can't believe the difference in performance! Really impressed with how quick the car is through the first four gears. Feels like an entirely different vehicle. These gears give you so much bang for the buck. They really are a perfect match for the 4.6 3 Valve engine. Can't wait for spring and summer. Can't come fast enough for me now!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts