Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I had to get a new clutch kit and went with the Ford Racing clutch kit along with pilot bearing and alignment kit/8mm bolt kit. My question is about adjustment. Will I be able to use the stock way of adjusting the clutch by pulling back on the clutch pedal ? Or is it going to be different now that I don't have the stock clutch kit in it ? If anyone here has installed the Ford Racing 7560-A302N Heavy Duty clutch kit for their 98 etc.. SVT Cobra w/stock T45, please reply ?
I have to admit how much better this clutch kit is over the stock kit. Nice pedal feel and grabs much better. Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all,
I had to get a new clutch kit and went with the Ford Racing clutch kit along with pilot bearing and alignment kit/8mm bolt kit. My question is about adjustment. Will I be able to use the stock way of adjusting the clutch by pulling back on the clutch pedal ? Or is it going to be different now that I don't have the stock clutch kit in it ? If anyone here has installed the Ford Racing 7560-A302N Heavy Duty clutch kit for their 98 etc.. SVT Cobra w/stock T45, please reply ?
I have to admit how much better this clutch kit is over the stock kit. Nice pedal feel and grabs much better. Thanks for your replies
Well nobody replied so I made some phone calls. The Stock cable and adjustment will work, however, there is a upgraded cable kit available if the stock adjustment isn't what you want. Here's a note from the installation document that I downloaded from Ford Racing website.

>>> Reinstall the clutch cable assembly by lifting the clutch pedal to disengage the pawl and quadrant automatic adjustment system. Push the quadrant forward and hook the end of the cable over quadrant. Cycle the clutch several times to adjust the cable. Check the cable for stretch. Be sure the quadrant is not out of adjustment. We also recommend the use of the Ford Racing Adjustable Clutch Cable Kit, FRPP # M-7553-B302 (1985-95) or FRPP # M-7553-D302 (1996-04), as an upgrade for fully adjustable clutch pedal to match your driving habits

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
i had that clutch in my 98gt with the steeda adjustable kit...was nice a first but then turned into a pain in the ass. all you really need is adjustable cable and a single hook quadrant. stay away from firewall adjuster. such a pain in the ass

·
Registered
890 Posts
Replacing the clutch it self won't alter the clutch cable. Because they are separate. So basicly just pull on the cable to increase the tension on the fork

1 - 4 of 4 Posts