Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help like play by play instructions on how to do it( i only get one try lol) going on my 96 mustang gt so anyone who has do this or has a link to any 94-98 mustang instructions i like pics. i have a drill and alot of bits size all the way up to 13/16ths. please help i dont want to do something wrong considering i just painted this hood lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The way I did mine was to remove the hood adjusters and bolt the pins into the holes where they were, might have to open and round the holes out for them to fit. Once they were in I adjusted them to where exactly I wanted them (centered in the slots and both at the same height) and tightened them making sure they dont move out of alignment then gently set the hood down and see where they will touch. then take a little bit of silicone grease or whatever you have that will clean up easily( it will also help catch some of the dust) and set the hood down again, after you lift it up you can see where exactly where the pins will touch. Then I'd drill a small pilot hole from the bottom to the top extremely important to make the holes at the right angle(same angle as the pins), one you have both holes you can go to the outside of the hood and mask off the surrounding area and start stepping up the hole sizes until they are slightly larger than the pins.

You might have to make the hole inside the hood a bit larger than the outside so the pin has room to move inside the hole, test fitting is very important determining how big or if you need to at all. When the hole is big enough gently set the hood down and the pins should go all the way through and the hood should set down. Now from here I have different pins than you but you should just close the hood all the way and align your top plates with the pins and make your marks then drill the holes and secure the top plate and make sure your pins are at the right height to hold the hood down, you may have to lower them , again test fir will determine that and your done other than the tethers which should be able to be screwed down to existing screws under the hood, if not you might need to drill holes for that, sorry not sure. Another good tip is to take the rubber pads off of the height adjuster and cut an "X" into them and slid them down on your pins, gives you a little bit of vibration dampening.

Hope this helps, good luck man

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh man I'm glad that makes sense, I was trashed last night when I wrote that

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just winged it lol turned out really good wasnt too hard just went at it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts