Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the ford hood pins off of am and they don't even come close to fitting my hood. After welding nut to the rad support it just barely comes out. Where can I buy replacement studs that are longer then 3.7 inches.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need pins because I have aftermarket hood and heard to many stories of hoods flipping up while highway driving. I had to weld nut on rad support because they are too short to use the proper way. So I am using just one nut on top of rad support.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its pissing me off because the am listing says 4 inch and that would clear but these aren't 4 inches. Haven't updated my avi in a long time. I have black lights now new hood. Grille delete. a few things here and there

·
Registered
741 Posts
I use these pins. I too had aftermarket hood and these work great Hood pins

·
Registered
647 Posts
i agree.. i have ford racing pins also and they are too short.. had to remove my hood latch just to use the pins cuz they are maxed out and still too low.. the heed sits a half inch lower than the fenders at the front it sucks

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
my pins were not FRPP. The FRPP pins are way too short

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the frpp pins are way to short. It's really rediculous. Just a waste of time. I tried doing it in bump stop area and it didn't work so I tried the top of the rad support near center of hood and it was still too f'in short.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
My FRPP ones worked great :dunno

1 - 15 of 15 Posts