Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They make alot of claims, one claim is to have about 20 HP gains with their intake (about 40HP with the Shelby), which is about 3-5 more than anyone else I've heard of, the catch is its about $700.
Personally, I think it seems like good way to get one of the highest lines of products and keep up your warrenty (certain parts only) if your willing to pay the extra $$$
What do you guys think about Ford Racing?
Does anyone own Ford Racing parts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats the PP stand for in FRPP? lol
In the FRPP catalog it comes with a sort of tuner for it...
Thanks alot Nasty, now I got another question to look up, which tuner is the best.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Ford Racing Performance Parts

A lot of people run their parts...they make the car so there parts are probly some of the best around

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Nobody spends more money on R&D then a manufacterer. As a offset you pay a bit more. I'd buy the FRPP intake before I bought anything aftermarket unless I was going to make my car a race car. Than it would be a sheet metal intake from JPC or Logan Manifolds. These intakes, however, are much more expensive than $700. The stock intake doesn't become a bottle-neck until you have aggressive cams, extremely ported heads (Stage 3+ or Custom ported) and/or a blower running greater boost/power than the stock bottom end can handle. If you meet the criteria and you want more power, than the intake may be for you. If not, the money is spent better elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Most decent tuners can get that much power out of the cai and tune combo.

We are CAI, correct? The FRPP comes with the tuner. Just to clarify. Wasn't sure if it was known.
Forgot that but it's only a Pro-Cal tool, right? We all know how useless the Pro-Cal tool is if you ever plan on doing anything else.

·
Registered
56 Posts
$$$ / HP = <forced induction
That's the formula, save your pennies...
A good turbo or SC system is going to be your best investment per HP, should exceed stock internals, so when you have the money to upgrade the short block, you can turn up the boost.
But if your on a tight budget, and you want more power NOW, start with a good tune.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Thanks alot Nasty, now I got another question to look up, which tuner is the best.
The 'best' is what ever brand your local performance/tuner/dyno shops prefer and use. If they only work with a certain brand, buy that brand.

The shop I use refuses to sell Diablo, even though they used to and they still have a few instock. They experienced several problems with them, and so now they use SCT.

·
Drag Queen
985 Posts
It's over priced. yea it's from ford and that is all well and good till you realize you are paying $700 for a plastic pipe.

go C&L or JLT get the same results and money left over.

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
It's over priced. yea it's from ford and that is all well and good till you realize you are paying $700 for a plastic pipe.

go C&L or JLT get the same results and money left over.
Yeah, you really are paying alot of money for a tube of plastic with a filter on one end. Another option is to melt a bunch of legos until you get the intake YOU want. Although I do recommend a 2000 grit sand-down followed by a coat of paint.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
A plastic pipe that doesn't void the warranty. It's that second part that's the kicker.

And for anyone that questions FRPPs credentials, check out the FR500GT. 550hp N/A DOHC 5.0 and it's gorgeous (sorry for the huge pic):

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
no there was a video of an fr500 with the wheels falling off about to go into a turn.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
no there was a video of an fr500 with the wheels falling off about to go into a turn.
There's a lot of FR500s out there across three different models (one 4.6 and two 5.0s). They even have a spec race for FR500Cs. Someone was eventually gonna be stupid with lugnuts, hahaha.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts

This made me laugh. WTF, how do you lose all 4 wheels. Had to be some dumbass who made that mistake.

Sorry for getting off topic.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Yeah, that's the RX-7 I was talking about - someone got the wrong lugnuts and way overtorqued 'em. Pretty sad when you consider how few FDs there are stateside.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts