Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hopefully somebodys had experience or has some of these valve covers

part number M-6582-L302

they say they're "tall" but doesnt give an exact heigth. i had 1 set of valve covers and they didnt clear. so i orderd some others that said they were 4" heigth.... yeah maybe at the bottom... they didnt clear my roller rockers. and im getting tired of messing with just the little things like this. when its sooooo close to driving.

hopefully somebody can reassure me that these will work. thanks.

(i dont have girdles just roller tip rockers)

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
hopefully somebodys had experience or has some of these valve covers

part number M-6582-L302

they say they're "tall" but doesnt give an exact heigth. i had 1 set of valve covers and they didnt clear. so i orderd some others that said they were 4" heigth.... yeah maybe at the bottom... they didnt clear my roller rockers. and im getting tired of messing with just the little things like this. when its sooooo close to driving.

hopefully somebody can reassure me that these will work. thanks.

(i dont have girdles just roller tip rockers)
i have the polished set like that on my motor, they clear my rr's just fine.

bAd: I used a 1 in spacer on my intake and it cleared by less than a 1/4 in on my systemax intake.

Also those valve covers you ordered were not 4 in's tall b/c like i previously stated you will need a 1 in spacer for them to fit under the intake then it is a must to have a cowl hood for the intake to clear.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts

bAd: I used a 1 in spacer on my intake and it cleared by less than a 1/4 in on my systemax intake.
The SysteMax intake is extremely low. I have GT40X heads with factory valve covers and there is less than 1/2 clearance under the SysteMax intake. I guess the work around is the spacer you have but I've heard using the spacer with that intake may cause it to crack easily from the relatively thin cast flange area around the bolt holes. I know Holley does not make a spacer and suggests against it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the Edelbrock chrome covers and I believe they are 3 - 3 ½ in. tall and they clear my RR. I also had to get a 3/8 in. spacer. That raised my intake up and cleared my valve covers about a mm. I wanted to keep my stock hood for a bit that’s why I did not get the 1 in. spacer. Also with that 3/8 in spacer it would not clear my 95 hood, it would still shut, but it was tight. I was afraid the hood would crack the first time I got on it. I had to cut the hump that is in the center of the hood underneath, not all the way through the hood just the first layer of fiberglass. Then everything was good to go.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Also those valve covers you ordered were not 4 in's tall b/c like i previously stated you will need a 1 in spacer for them to fit under the intake then it is a must to have a cowl hood for the intake to clear.
thanks about the roller rocker arm news.

just to add..... about the hood, these valve covers are going on the 89 white mustang in my sig....

and oh yeah on the spacer thing. i had those ""4 inch"" valve covers's on my 302 with efi and have a spacer (stock hood barely rubbed the intake). but these ford racing 1's are going on the 89 also.... but its carb'd. so i know all that, thanks!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
The SysteMax intake is extremely low. I have GT40X heads with factory valve covers and there is less than 1/2 clearance under the SysteMax intake. I guess the work around is the spacer you have but I've heard using the spacer with that intake may cause it to crack easily from the relatively thin cast flange area around the bolt holes. I know Holley does not make a spacer and suggests against it.
Well there was nothing i could do to get out of using the spacer, so i guess we will see how it holds up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had them but couldn't use them w/my Systemax intake. I tried the 1" spacer and still didn't work. Running stock ones now. They are sharp.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I had them but couldn't use them w/my Systemax intake. I tried the 1" spacer and still didn't work. Running stock ones now. They are sharp.
Mine worked fine are you sure you didnt have a 3/8 inch spacer?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
u will need a 1" spacer and some convertable motor mounts

i have them under my stock hood i used a 1"spacer convertable mounts i have an explorer intake, and i had to cut part of the hood support but it fit lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts