Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its about that time for me to ascend to that new level of pony terror. I believe ive reached the point where all i can do now(besides heads and cams) is build my bottom end before it blows a rod through my face. Im just in a slight debacle. A forged rotating assembly by Probe Ind. or a forged short block by them as well. First one is $2500 and the engine is $3500 but a new block. im not sure. Hmmm... :confused:

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
for a thousand more i would do the sb, unless you have a good motor building back round

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea ive built a few motors in my day...which was yesterday LOL j/k. Im actually building my friends 302 right now from his 68 Mercury cougar.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Yea ive built a few motors in my day...which was yesterday LOL j/k. Im actually building my friends 302 right now from his 68 Mercury cougar.
i built push rod motors back in the day. the important thing about building the motor is machine work. know the specs you want to run before getting the block prep done. this will ensure the ptw gap is right for the app. another thing is know the small spec's like crank thrust you need along with how much piston ring gap you will need. let the machine shop pick what bearings to run if you get your crank machined out. KNOW YOUR TORQUE SPECS and use arp assembly lube! spray the cylander bores with wd-40 it helps with the first start up and helps the rings seat correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts