Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into putting a blower(either saleen or whipple) on my car in the next few weeks along with a forged rotating assembly and i was wondering how much should expect to pay for install of the supercharger and rotating assembly? I was thinking somewhere in the 2500-3000$ range. Would this be a close estimate? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
it depends call the shops and check it out.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
It depends on the shop and what kind of work they would have to do to the block, but your in the right ballpark pricewise.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
if you are buying the parts and doing a s/c and forged internals yourself it would be double your guess.. don't cut any corners and find a shop that you can trust... might as well stroke it while your at it... you can go up to 302 cu in just with the right crank... I did everything to mine and then some.. just the motor was 9 gr but I did stuff you won't want to do...ported block,ported and polished heads,powder coating,Meth injection,over sized oil pan.. but I did run an 11.60 at the strip last night!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Doing a bottom end with head studs will run close to 6k if you do the work. Your best bet would be to buy a shortblock, gaskets, studs, etc. and get yourself a mod motor rebuild manual to assist with any bullshit you run into.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
rotating assembly $2k
installing rotating assembly including machinging/boring $3k

supercharger $5-6k
supercharger install $950-1200

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
if you are buying the parts and doing a s/c and forged internals yourself it would be double your guess.. don't cut any corners and find a shop that you can trust... might as well stroke it while your at it... you can go up to 302 cu in just with the right crank... I did everything to mine and then some.. just the motor was 9 gr but I did stuff you won't want to do...ported block,ported and polished heads,powder coating,Meth injection,over sized oil pan.. but I did run an 11.60 at the strip last night!

A lot of SAFE POWER​

ALOT OF SAFE POWER

Exhibit: A (2006greyGT)

Can be done for less.... BUT, Grey drives heavy all 'vert to the track, beats the HELLL out of it, kicks ass all evening, drives home, parks in garage w/ little work to maintain. The cars that beat him will 1. not driven there nor home, 2. will not be there the next 4 weekends straight, he will, 3. Will NOT drive 2hrs for a 'cruise/meet' and drive home.

It takes $$, no purdy way around it.

Again, you are the template for safe power. Great build!

:kneel​

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
rotating assembly $2k
installing rotating assembly including machinging/boring $3k

supercharger $5-6k
supercharger install $950-1200
What I will get it done for my way (no favors)
rotating assembly $1600k to my door
machining/boring $500.00 plus tax.
Filing rings double checking clearances - 0.00K
installing rotating assembly - 0.00K get in that garage

supercharger $4500k with rails, pumps, injectors.
supercharger install $0.00K get in that garage again

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Ahh I've tried but its hard to get a hold of these guys as there really busy. That's why i figured I'd post it up on here.
Find another shop. If they cant make time for you to drop thousands of dollars at their shop its not worth it. What happens when you have a problem? I brought my car to my shop friday july 3rd at 430. When they installed the oil return line for the blower it was rubbin on the ac pulley and ripped open. They stopped what they were doin and got it fixed by 6! Mad props to them for doin it on a holiday weekend.

ha! wish i had the skills to.
If you can turn a wrench you install a blower. Get a buddy with a lil experience if your nervous, its really not hard at all, just takes some time and its so much better when you do it yourself. Plus you can use the greand you save on somethin else for the car.

·
Registered
959 Posts
What I will get it done for my way (no favors)
rotating assembly $1600k to my door
machining/boring $500.00 plus tax.
Filing rings double checking clearances - 0.00K
installing rotating assembly - 0.00K get in that garage

supercharger $4500k with rails, pumps, injectors.
supercharger install $0.00K get in that garage again

What kind/where do you get a blower with rails, pumps and injectors (whole kit) for $4500.. Let me know, i got about $3500+ saved up lol.. I have been looking at P1SC's High Output system

·
Registered
244 Posts
My friend who is actually on this board did his car with Manley H beam rods and probe pistons for 700 which also came with rod bearings. He also put a cryo treated cobra crank but that wouldn't really be necessary because the stock crank can hold some 700hp or something.

If you can hone it yourself you can do it all for about 1k without paying labor. Im not sure what the labor rates are for taking it all apart but it can take a while to build a block sometimes.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I got my tuner p1sc from texas hot rods for 3450 to my door in November 07. I do have another 200.00 in pulleys I spent on top of that. Went out and got my own 60# injectors 299.00 Group buy on GT500 pumps for 589.00 lastly the rails were 125.00 Did my shopping across a 4 month period in preparing. Actually had the pumps, rails, and injectors 2 months prior to the blower.

All I can say is shop around and watch the group buys, sometimes they are very much worth the wait.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
If you can hone it yourself you can do it all for about 1k without paying labor. Im not sure what the labor rates are for taking it all apart but it can take a while to build a block sometimes.
Depending on region, and the clout the shop carries, anywhere from 75.00 to 125.00 an hour.

There are a few that charge flat rates, your normally not going to see a flat rate when your coming into the shop with the parts in hand. That's typically an hourly deal. Especially since they can't hit you with markup.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts