Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get some pistons, rods and crank so I can forge my motor it will see no more than 700hp to the wheels I don't want to cheap out but I don't have too much money to blow.

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
Modularmustangracing.com
Lethalperformance.com
Those are the two main ones I know. There are a ton more though. I personally bought from MMR (1st website) and have had great luck with them

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Modmax or Excessive motorsports...dont go through MMR

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I'd run stock compression. 9.5CP is fine. you can get it lower through MMR for sure though.
Depending on the goals/turbo sizing. A smaller turbo making more boost down low needs less compression.

Why not MMR, Ive seen a lot of good things from them on this forum. And for the price you cant really beat em. I spent the money on a Livernois block and it was nothing but problems. I could have bought 3 MMR blocks for the money I paid.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
bc they are engine builders but engine assemblers. They dont have a good rep in the STL area and rightfully so

·
Registered
301 Posts
bc they are engine builders but engine assemblers. They dont have a good rep in the STL area and rightfully so
curious to what problems poeple were having with MMR because i was looking at there blocks, i have also heard good stuff from modmax.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
1. Well they put normal gears when the customer asked for billet so that engine blew up.
2. Another guy had a longblock built by them built for 800rwhp and he had valve float at 5200rpms bc they put stock cam springs in the heads and not 125lbs springs.
3. They suggest moly rings for higher horserpower cars
there is more but I cant remember all of it

And they say 3 technicians sigh off on all of this?? please.

·
Registered
301 Posts
1. Well they put normal gears when the customer asked for billet so that engine blew up.
2. Another guy had a longblock built by them built for 800rwhp and he had valve float at 5200rpms bc they put stock cam springs in the heads and not 125lbs springs.
3. They suggest moly rings for higher horserpower cars
there is more but I cant remember all of it

And they say 3 technicians sigh off on all of this?? please.
good to know, thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just dont let them assemble anything, order the parts and do it yourself. Also OP, if you dont mind dealing with a craigslist type webpage, Corral.net is a good site. Gotten many things off there new and used (including forged rods,pistons,and crank.) No problems so far.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
LOL Hater. There are many places to get a forged rotating assembly hell even Ebay has some eagle kits on it right now.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
damn straight! ha

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Did you have an issue with an MMR motor?

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Any perticular issues that stand out?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts