Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure what the internal parts of a 89 Fox body 5.0 comes with ? Is it forged pistons and Rods but cast crank, or is it only Forged Pistons?

Pete

·
Banned
464 Posts
forged pistons, but does it really matter what the rods and crank are? no, because the block will fail before the the rods or crank, and if you want to use them in an aftermarket block that's just plain silly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
pistons are the only forged part. those blocks arent too bad, my cousin and uncles have had stock 351 blocks goin 10.0s all motor. i would say those rods are gonna be your weak point.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Statistics show that stock 5.0 blocks start cracking at 420-460hp and for boost, the word is don't exceed 10PSI. From what I can tell you its all about the history of the block.

Getting it tuned also works in your favor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
forged pistons, but does it really matter what the rods and crank are? no, because the block will fail before the the rods or crank, and if you want to use them in an aftermarket block that's just plain silly.
The reason I asked is b/c while Im building up a Dart Iron Eagle 4 bolt main block with a roller cam , I could easily fix the stock block on the fox I just bought to go to the track in the meantime. I wanted to know to see how far I can push it before it goes. I never said anything about using them in an aftermarket block , your right that would be silly, why on earth would anyone do that.
Its not my 1st rodeo, just couldn't remember what the 89 Fox engine came with .
My buddies 92 Turbo FOX has gone 10.06 at 134 mph , on the stock shortblock.
The car I just bought has a R trim Vortech so the engine would not be as efficient thats why I wanted to know what parts are in it .

Pete

·
Registered
63 Posts
well if thats the case, run it till it goes. you might as well find out for yourself how far you can take them if you have another motor that your puttin together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.