Modded Mustang Forums banner

Forged Rotating Kits

4K views 102 replies 19 participants last post by  willsurforbeer9 
#1 ·
Im planning on forgeing my bottom end of my 02 Gt. Found this kit for $1600. I plan on putting a KB on it after I forge it. Is this kit really worth buying? Seems a little cheap. Thanks.

Btw my goal is to get around 325-350rwhp on motor alone. I know the forge kits wont give me much but Ive been thinking about new heads and cam. What the best combo for the heads and cam?

#2 ·
sorry but full bolt ons wont get you there unless you hve high$$$ to do it . 325rwhp is about 400 hp at the crank thats hard to get when our cars come with only 260. if you want all that on just motor bore it and stroke it and full bolt ons but i wouldnt go for it id forge it and throw a kb on it and push 10 psi and youll have 400 rwhp

#68 ·
u must not know very much about modular motors.

you can take the heads off a stock gt motor and send them to TEA (Total Engine Airflow) and get 90 hp out of some ported and polished heads alone. at the rear wheels a stock gt is 225-235 hp. send those heads off, now you're at about 315-325, headers and a good intake (bullitt, edelbrock, trick flow) and tb plenum can get you another 20-30 hp...now you're at 335-355 rwhp. throw in some cams, a cold air kit and a tune you're right in the ball park of 400 rwhp give or take some hp.

getting hp is all about the proper components that work together in the right rpm bands. and it's really not as expensive as everyone makes it out to be. 400 hp in a N/A motor is easily attainable if you either know what you are doing, or are paying someone who knows what they are doing. The 2 biggest things that kill the pocketbook are shipping and labor. knowing people, getting discounts, and doing the work yourself can save you big bucks.

#3 ·
Never said anything about bolts ons (dont know where you got that from). Your other part is basically what I said. I said I want to put a KB on it after I forge it. I could forge it and put the KB and get more than 400hp. BUT if I forge it and put stage 1 or 2 heads and cam in, then KB it that would be sick.

My question was, what is the best heads and cam combination? Patriot?

#4 ·
you said 350 rwhp on motor alone, motor alone would not include kb???????? you did mention bolt ons heads and cams ? he was just trying to help chill out

#5 ·
Sorry I got confused. 34 hours with no sleep will do that to you.(3rd shifter). But I keep seeing Partiot heads and cams as the way to go. Just want some opinions from people that have them on their car or know about them.

Also having MAC LT's, Prochamber and 40 series coming soon.

#6 ·
exaust will give you 20 maybe 30 with a tune
patriot cams and heads i dont have either but i have heard that they royaly suck but im not sure some one on here said it and someone i know said it
but im not 100% on it
they should bring another 10 to 20
also get a good intake manifold i did and got it ported its awsome

#9 ·
o definatly if you stil want cams and heads their are some good ones out there go on summit and see they have alot of good stuff get comp cams and ford racing heads then forge and sc youll run in the 450 rwhp range

#19 ·
Patriot heads do not suck. They had issues a couple of years ago, but they fixed them and I havn't heard of anyone having an issue since. ACMillr has the beefiest N?A mustang on here, and he runs patriots. I wish people would do more research. There are nicer heads out there that cost more, but the flow different numbers. More exhaust then intake or vice versa. Its all dependant on what you want. All I know is, I know several people with newer patriot heads, and none have had issues.

#20 ·
Also. if you plan to go with the KB. You will want your compression to be about 8.5:1. But when you do that, your engine power without the KB will be stock with a full exhaust and heads/cams. But also, if you are buying a cam, get a blower cam. Those 2 things will suck n/a, but with that KB on it, it would SCREAM!

#22 ·
Oh and one more misconception(on the web) to clear up. IF your not going to turn that motor more than 7000 RPM don't bother with the forged crank, stick with the stock and save yourself a grand(counting flywheel).

#24 · (Edited)
Show me a 4.6 2v making 450 at 9psi with stock heads and cams. Plus I would have to see what the car traps in the 1/4 to believe it.

A 1000 dollars? :eek:

The MMR mod 600 is only 3 hundred less than the mod 900. The mod 900 has the forged crank and better rods. I used a 2k gt flywheel I already had.. You can get a 2kgt 8 bolt flywheel for about 150.

#23 ·
Well, Forged is worth it if you want to do more than 9psi which is about 450 whp. If you go with the cams and the exhaust and the heads with the smaller pulley. You will be at 14psi, and 500-600whp. I don't know the exact number you'd be pulling, someone else would probably know. But, you would need the forged pieces to take the boost.

#25 ·
hmm the mod900 basicly is a direct swap right? i could just take everything i need from the stock motor and put it on that one or am i wrong? i was thinking of forging the stock block but it would be better if i could just slap another shortblock in it since my motor already has about 115k miles on it

This post has been deleted
#33 ·
To get 325+rwhp you will need something like my Stage 2 or 2.5 N/A grind,.
Jim, don't get me wrong here. I have been impressed with your products and am overjoyed to have you here. That being said, the "stage" designation is thrown around way too loosely IMO. There are so many variations on what people consider to be a stageII. Why doesn't the industry focus more on what the actual product (cams in this case) is instead of trying to sell things by stages?
Sorry, just thought I'd bend your ear while you were visiting.

#37 ·
Show me a 4.6 2v making 450 at 9psi with stock heads and cams. Plus I would have to see what the car traps in the 1/4 to believe it.
Lets do the math on this. A stage 2 set of heads and cams will bring a 99-04 to 300 rwhp minimum. With the KB at 9psi, they say it adds +160 hp. That puts you at 460 with a safe tune. You figure 12.5% loss to transmission on the 160 and your at what 140. So your looking at 440. But if you get the blower cam instead of a stock one and tune it your self you should be right back to 460 hp. All depends on how you want to tune. But it is definitely possible.

#39 ·
Well, not minimum. But unless your running 8.5:1 compression with no blower. Or NPI cams, or doing something stupid, you should be over 300. Unless your car is F'd or you set up makes no sense, its not that hard to get 300 hp out of the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.