Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on forgeing my bottom end of my 02 Gt. Found this kit for $1600. I plan on putting a KB on it after I forge it. Is this kit really worth buying? Seems a little cheap. Thanks.

Btw my goal is to get around 325-350rwhp on motor alone. I know the forge kits wont give me much but Ive been thinking about new heads and cam. What the best combo for the heads and cam?

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
sorry but full bolt ons wont get you there unless you hve high$$$ to do it . 325rwhp is about 400 hp at the crank thats hard to get when our cars come with only 260. if you want all that on just motor bore it and stroke it and full bolt ons but i wouldnt go for it id forge it and throw a kb on it and push 10 psi and youll have 400 rwhp

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never said anything about bolts ons (dont know where you got that from). Your other part is basically what I said. I said I want to put a KB on it after I forge it. I could forge it and put the KB and get more than 400hp. BUT if I forge it and put stage 1 or 2 heads and cam in, then KB it that would be sick.

My question was, what is the best heads and cam combination? Patriot?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Im planning on forgeing my bottom end of my 02 Gt. Found this kit for $1600. I plan on putting a KB on it after I forge it. Is this kit really worth buying? Seems a little cheap. Thanks.

Btw my goal is to get around 325-350rwhp on motor alone. I know the forge kits wont give me much but Ive been thinking about new heads and cam. What the best combo for the heads and cam?

you said 350 rwhp on motor alone, motor alone would not include kb???????? you did mention bolt ons heads and cams ? he was just trying to help chill out

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I got confused. 34 hours with no sleep will do that to you.(3rd shifter). But I keep seeing Partiot heads and cams as the way to go. Just want some opinions from people that have them on their car or know about them.

Also having MAC LT's, Prochamber and 40 series coming soon.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
exaust will give you 20 maybe 30 with a tune
patriot cams and heads i dont have either but i have heard that they royaly suck but im not sure some one on here said it and someone i know said it
but im not 100% on it
they should bring another 10 to 20
also get a good intake manifold i did and got it ported its awsome

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just read alot of comments on the patriot products being terrible. Guess I will do full exhaust, forged bottom end and a KB. Should bring good numbers.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
o definatly if you stil want cams and heads their are some good ones out there go on summit and see they have alot of good stuff get comp cams and ford racing heads then forge and sc youll run in the 450 rwhp range

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stock 4.6 can handle about 400hp when using a S/C. Im guessing if you forge it to be about the same as a cobra motor, you can put more than 450rwhp to it. My buddy has a 03 cobra and put a KB on it and hes pushing over 550 to the wheels with full exhaust.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Btw my goal is to get around 325-350rwhp on motor alone.
That's def. not out of the question. You just need to make you rmind up on which way you want to go(NA or FI), because if you build a NA set up with that HP, you are not going to be able to snap a blower on it and run pump gas.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
o definatly if you stil want cams and heads their are some good ones out there go on summit and see they have alot of good stuff get comp cams and ford racing heads then forge and sc youll run in the 450 rwhp range
It would do more than that. I still stock heads and make more.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Patriot heads do not suck. They had issues a couple of years ago, but they fixed them and I havn't heard of anyone having an issue since. ACMillr has the beefiest N?A mustang on here, and he runs patriots. I wish people would do more research. There are nicer heads out there that cost more, but the flow different numbers. More exhaust then intake or vice versa. Its all dependant on what you want. All I know is, I know several people with newer patriot heads, and none have had issues.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Also. if you plan to go with the KB. You will want your compression to be about 8.5:1. But when you do that, your engine power without the KB will be stock with a full exhaust and heads/cams. But also, if you are buying a cam, get a blower cam. Those 2 things will suck n/a, but with that KB on it, it would SCREAM!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts