Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just wondering because i guess im gonna do a 302 stroker kit on my car and a whipple see how much i can get out of it and still drive it
any other input would help!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha its cool no but seriously the big thing is i live in CA so if i wanna keep it legal ther is certain things i cant do but the biggest drag is you cant find anything over 91 octane here

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well mostly everything has to be CA approved such as, headers, superchargers, turbos everything like that. carb sticker bull [email protected]#. i mean what they dont see doesnt hurt em such as stroked inturnels but if you put cams in wich im very willing to just say screw it and do it when you go to smog and put in the machine the heavy lob gets picked up on the smog machine and you fail instantly from what i know but i dont know maybe small cams like stage 1s will pass and since im getting the motor broken down neway for internals why not put cams, but YEA for california supposedly being the aftermarket car performance mecca of the world they sure dont support it. if you get caught street racing or exhibtion of speed they crush ur car on the spot so i mean you pretty much gotta be sneaky

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
well mostly everything has to be CA approved such as, headers, superchargers, turbos everything like that. carb sticker bull [email protected]#. i mean what they dont see doesnt hurt em such as stroked inturnels but if you put cams in wich im very willing to just say screw it and do it when you go to smog and put in the machine the heavy lob gets picked up on the smog machine and you fail instantly from what i know but i dont know maybe small cams like stage 1s will pass and since im getting the motor broken down neway for internals why not put cams, but YEA for california supposedly being the aftermarket car performance mecca of the world they sure dont support it. if you get caught street racing or exhibtion of speed they crush ur car on the spot so i mean you pretty much gotta be sneaky
man that's harsh. they do the same thing here with crushing the cars if you're caught racing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts