Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Pressure is especially important on high boost applications. 20 psi of boost means that the fuel pressure must be 60 psig to be at 40 psi differential.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
At what pressure? Talking fuel flow without without taking pressure into consideration is useless.

Kenne Bell has some good tech articles, I recomend that people go read all their articles.
yup, it varies with the fuel pressure ie: 255LPH at 40PSI or something.
I remember before the super car GT pumps were available the best pumps for the returnless system that fit in a Mustang GT tank were either the SVT focus or 03+ Lincoln Aviator pumps.

Most went with the SVT Focus because it was only 90 bucks and was rated around the same lph, but people weren't taking in consideration what the fuel pressure was. That's why I went with the Aviator pump even though at the time it was almost twice the price. I think it was rated at 275lph @ 60psi.

I sold the first Aviator pump and went with an 03 Cobra set up. Later on one of the Cobra pumps was getting weak. I found a great deal on 2 more Aviator pumps for 60 bucks (normally around 160 each) which were only used during some dyno testing on another car that went to a return style system.

Along with 60lb injectors, Stage 1 FPDM, 40amp BAP, 40amp wiring upgrade with relay, and a few small mods to the stock fuel line at restrictive points. I was only seeing 80% FPDC @ WOT with my more aggressive 665hp tune.

I feel the SVT Focus pump is only slightly better than a stock 99-04 Mustang GT pump.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Some of KB articles are a bit biased to what they sell;) The BAP is a great way to boost fuel systems and I prefer it WAY more than the focus pump. Their "blow off" theory is BS. What about the PPRV with the internal 67 psi (+7psi) blow off?

i think they are 255lph
KBs data shows 217L/hr at 40 psi for 2 of them. so that's only 108.5L/hr for each one.
I feel the SVT Focus pump is only slightly better than a stock 99-04 Mustang GT pump.
+1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts