Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found a mark viii motor for 450 bucks. Complete motor, and pulled.

Is it worth it? I really want it for the block and sell off the rest of the stuff.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
what year is it from? you plan to swap it in to a Mustang complete or swap some PI heads on it to have a 12:1cr n/a beast?? all that aside, if its a good running engine, $450 ain't bad at all. i got mine for $400 back ~3 years ago...it had 46K on it according to the original owner.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is from a 95. 100k on it. But I have a forged rotating assembly I am going to run with ported pi heads and eddie vic jr with mhs 6061, and turbo cams and a pretty big e85 fuel setup. I am planning on stripping it all down and rebuilding it. Selling all the good parts off of it.

If I didnt already buy all these bad ass parts for the 2v I woulda gone 4v but I am confident I can make pretty good power with a 2v built, punched and blown motor.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
^so all you're really after is the block...hmm, may want to try watching some classifieds. you could get a bare block for less and not have to mess with selling/shipping parts. not sure what B heads are going for but i got a set of c heads from a '99 cobra for $325.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It is from a 95. 100k on it. But I have a forged rotating assembly I am going to run with ported pi heads and eddie vic jr with mhs 6061, and turbo cams and a pretty big e85 fuel setup. I am planning on stripping it all down and rebuilding it. Selling all the good parts off of it.
You're goana be using all the good parts..the block. The heads, cams, crank, rods, pistons and intake manifold can be scrapped. The front cover will sell for around $75 and the set of valve covers for $50.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts