Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this hose before but i've never thought about it since ive had more important matters on my hands, but since i am waiting on parts and have nothing else to do, i thought id get down to the bottom of this one. This connects to the back runner on the drivers side of the intake manifold. Im wondering what it was/is for? Also, i asked a while back about the nipple that comes off the pasenger side valve cover, and what it is for. Should i run this hose from the runner to that nipple on the valve cover?

should i run the hose to this???

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
cant see pics but, the one on vc goes to the tb, If your N/A

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Hes put a 'carb' on and has efi valve covers. Leave it plugged and put a vacuum cap on that nipple off the oil filler neck.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Hes put a 'carb' on and has efi valve covers. Leave it plugged and put a vacuum cap on that nipple off the oil filler neck.
Yup.

Also, if you grind those stock valve covers down and paint them wrinkle black it looks really good. Either that or polish them! Stock, yet sexy.

Sent from my galaxy s II

Attachments

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup.

Also, if you grind those stock valve covers down and paint them wrinkle black it looks really good. Either that or polish them! Stock, yet sexy
I will do that! Itll look a bunch better. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Just saw pics yes vaccum cap, thought u were efi

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Do you have a breather or some thing to relieve crank case pressure ?

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have a breather or some thing to relieve crank case pressure ?
Not on hand, but im going to figure something out. Think i could just poke a smal hole in the rubber cap and stick it on there?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
They make vary small filter like k&n that with slip over the port on the oil filler neck or ones that take the place of your oil filler cap. But if you choose to go this route you need to make sure there are no vaccum lines conected any where on your crank case system, other wise the breather will be a source of a vacuum leak. But it sounds like that wont be the case in your situation

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why such a small air cleaner?

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just out of curiosity, why such a small air cleaner?
Because the dang hood wont shut with a bigger one. Really ticks me off. I want to get one of the intake that are like efi intakes but that are adapted for carbs. Itd sure breath better

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Because the dang hood wont shut with a bigger one. Really ticks me off. I want to get one of the intake that are like efi intakes but that are adapted for carbs. Itd sure breath better
Im pretty sure your backwards post pics. they have carbed intakes for efi, never seen it the other way.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
990 Posts
I wouldn't think they'd be worth the money for performance, but they look pretty cool.
If you do a 1/2 inch drop and could fit a 14 x 3 filter I would think you'd be good. Or even just a 14 x 2 would be better.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldn't think they'd be worth the money for performance, but they look pretty cool.
If you do a 1/2 inch drop and could fit a 14 x 3 filter I would think you'd be good. Or even just a 14 x 2 would be better.
Thats what i thought. Ill get one of those drop down ones

1 - 19 of 19 Posts