Modded Mustang Forums banner

Found a plugged hose

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  93Bandit 
#1 ·
I've seen this hose before but i've never thought about it since ive had more important matters on my hands, but since i am waiting on parts and have nothing else to do, i thought id get down to the bottom of this one. This connects to the back runner on the drivers side of the intake manifold. Im wondering what it was/is for? Also, i asked a while back about the nipple that comes off the pasenger side valve cover, and what it is for. Should i run this hose from the runner to that nipple on the valve cover?

should i run the hose to this???

See less See more
#3 ·
Hes put a 'carb' on and has efi valve covers. Leave it plugged and put a vacuum cap on that nipple off the oil filler neck.

#7 ·
Do you have a breather or some thing to relieve crank case pressure ?

#9 ·
They make vary small filter like k&n that with slip over the port on the oil filler neck or ones that take the place of your oil filler cap. But if you choose to go this route you need to make sure there are no vaccum lines conected any where on your crank case system, other wise the breather will be a source of a vacuum leak. But it sounds like that wont be the case in your situation

#12 ·
Because the dang hood wont shut with a bigger one. Really ticks me off. I want to get one of the intake that are like efi intakes but that are adapted for carbs. Itd sure breath better

#17 ·
Ive seen those, but id really like to get as far from the engine heat as possible. Like one of those those intakes that goes to the fender. Or is that even worth the money? I know their a lot more $$$ than that one!

#18 ·
I wouldn't think they'd be worth the money for performance, but they look pretty cool.
If you do a 1/2 inch drop and could fit a 14 x 3 filter I would think you'd be good. Or even just a 14 x 2 would be better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.