Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparantly it's the whole deal, comes with throttle body and maf and intercooler. I know this has been asked alot but how much more would I need to spend and or need plus this to achieve this on my six?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you need a tune though or it dumps too much fuel? So tuners are pretty expensive and no dynos around here that I know of. Any way around this?

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I hear you need a tune though or it dumps too much fuel? So tuners are pretty expensive and no dynos around here that I know of. Any way around this?
You need a tune

03cristian

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Check out vmptuning.com He has a deal on a tune that is already set up to run the supercoupe engine in our mustangs that would essentially be plug and play. Think it runs like 2-300 dollars, and then you can do further dyno tuning afterwards if you wanted. Easiest way would be to take your entire engine out, and then put the entire supercoupe engine in. I would suggest getting an aftermarket intercooler and exhaust since those were the weak points of the motor.

New intercooler to route infront of the radiator so its not right next to the hot exhaust.

New exhaust (mainly headers) because the stock ones cause back pressure issues known to cause head gasket failures.

Enjoy your project.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Is it a split port or a a single port car youre swapping... I assure you swapping timing covers and machining adapter for crank position sensor is def a little more than plug and play.. Mine should be ready to tune and do a few dyno pulls in a month or so..i need to update the thread but I got the ins and out of the entire surgery. :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Single port

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I heard there is a way to add this blower to the split port

03cristian

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah M112 is for split I believe or maybe this (m90) one plus adding h/i?

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
How much are they asking for the engine? I bought the engine, 5 speed m5r2 trans (seller wouldnt split em), radiatior, harness, ecm, intercooler, and all for $250

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Around 400-450 negot.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Around 400-450 negot.
What year is it from? If you can, the 94/95 are the best due to a slightly higher compression (8.7 vs 8.5), a better m90 on top (due to porting) and they also have a windage tray to slightly strengthen the bottom end (connecting main caps). Pretty much all of the supercoupe engines are good for what you want to do, but the 87 supercoupe was known to have some crankshaft issues. So try to stick away from that one. 400-450 for an entire set up isn't bad, so long as it has all the parts you need.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I heard there is a way to add this blower to the split port

03cristian
Technically you could add this to a split port by making an adapter plate. But you are going through the trouble of making an adapter plate anyways for a m112, so most people go with that.

Either you want more air (M112) or you want the intercooled option, but more technical (M90)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts