Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, think im going to get it. Its damaged but if it will save a couple bucks then im down. I'd have to paint it anyway and shave the cobra out of it so why not? My only thought is..." how would it look with that black on the bottom of the cobra bumper when my blackout panel would possibly be a different black? I could prolly get the panel to match the bottom of the bumper though!... hmmmm!

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
dick

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Throw some bumper repair automix in the cobra and block that **** out without a doubt. For the rear black stuff id say spray it to match the car mainly because your car is nice/clean looking as it is. The black on the bottom would throw it off/make it look like these v6's I see running around here with blacked out this and that.....not to be negative, but in my opinion id keep it clean lookin like it is. Or like you said spray the bottom of the bumper cover and the black out panel to match then it would go together as well.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
^+1 good idea

Reactions: Imran

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
farrah wants me to cut out "mustang" on the gt bumper and put it in the cobra place on the cobra bumper. I was like "damn! haha. If she wants it, who knows. It wouldnt be to bad. Just cut the area out and plastic weld it back in and work my seam over and it would be UNIQUE and the only one like it!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the black... I love the blackout panel so that has to stay. And on my gt bumper, its got black on the bottom and the "MUSTANG". I think i would have to make the panel match the bumper for sure and just let it go like that.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Myswell just leave that one bro

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hell if your not gonna use it just buy it and sell it.. You obviously have the skill to fix it, so take advantage of that and make a few bucks..

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but by the time i bought it, fixed it, shipped it.... not too much to make it worth it. I just really love how the black goes ALL the way across. so badass. Makes it look really fat!

We all know how much we love a fat ass!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have to ask WHERE your finding all these cobra parts. I live in the same damn state and attend craislist and ebay regularly and dont really find them..

help me out mayne. you already got me wanting to drive up there and check out tha car. :D

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where you from? Come on whenever man. How old are you? Just hunt the hell out of em. I just hunt for **** like crazy and wait my ass off. Ive been looking for a damaged spoiler for about a year. and finally saw one and snatched it up.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
put a cowl hood on that thing instead

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
where you from? Come on whenever man. How old are you? Just hunt the hell out of em. I just hunt for **** like crazy and wait my ass off. Ive been looking for a damaged spoiler for about a year. and finally saw one and snatched it up.
We already discussed this. haha

Im about 15 mins outside of B.R.

you were trying to find some screen names of some other guys in the area i think?

Im 19 btw.

I hunt frequently man. I'm like a kid at toys r us when i go to the local pull a part. :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn bandity... didnt think about the cowl hood... that might would be a nice touch! hmmm.... Yeah ive been looking for the side skirts too. They should be easy to find damaged as they are easy to scuff/break/whatever. I know some might say "dont make it a cobra if its a GT". Im not trying to do that. I am proud its a GT. I even put it in the grill. I cant help it that the best looking parts are on the cobra. 98% of people would never even have a clue and just say "damn thats the best looking car that body style ive seen". No idea that they are cobra parts. They just look damn good! Bandit, find me some pics of a cobra bumper with cowl hood. I have always questioned the hood but thought it was aight.

I may just keep rocking my bumper after this thread. My bumper looks fine and i could benefit help in the hood area better perhaps.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i personally dont like the bulges of the termi bumper on silver, thats why i went with a 99/01. why would you want to change the black on the lower section of the termi bumber? i will be doing a cowl hood soon as well :D and as for the skirts, a friend has 3 out of the 4 pieces layin around in his attic:D:D:D

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wouldnt change the black on the lower part of the bumper at all. i would want the blackout panel to match the same black on the lower part of the bumper.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how much for the 3 out of 4 pieces? I could prolly get the other from the dealership decently with the discount. Make me a stupid deal for them shipped to me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts