Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I found a totaled off 2003 mach 1. and placed a bid. I'f i get it. what should i take off of it? i want the engine for sure. should i take the tranny too? the car and motor has 80,000km's on it. (Canada). is there any other parts that i should strip off to put onto my gt? i plan on getting a 6-speed in the future and before i do the engine swap i'm going to be putting in forged internals..(What kind do you recomend?)

Thanks all
mike

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like someone sure hated the guy and beat the **** out of the exterior all the way around. the back black spoiler was broken off at the end. windows looked all fine though. interior is perfect..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
youll need everythingfrom the timing cover back.. throttle cable and little accersories like that.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The seats in the Mach 1 are awesome, as are the guages. Is the shaker still in good order?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Try to get the seats. Mach 1 seats are awsome. I almost got all 4 for $300...but were sold a day before...FML

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha **** son, well i got leather in my car atm. but will see if the seats are nicer., anybody have a clue if they're lighter? and looked at the instrument cluster.. sooo sexy! def will be taking that off the car. i hope i win the bid to this car.. i hear the brakes are almost like cobras?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
the brakes are the same as the cobra.. just don't say cobra on the calipers. that would be sick to get that motor and put it in your GT

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great, this is gonna save me a ton of money. and i get to upgrade sooner. i'f all goes right the motor will be installed next winter. i might actually make some profit off the rims/tires and misc parts, tranny, rear end...

i agree bob, i found the perfect GT a couple months ago and now i find this. this is going to be alot of fun..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
tell me when u wanna sale the rear end.. ill take the biatch!

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
yes it appears to be in perfect condition also. i plan to kb' it in the future so i'll be selling it.
hide the kb under the shaker. if your getting a black one or a black whipple

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hell yea.. itd be a sleeper until you punch it and you hear "MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!"

·
Registered
150 Posts
Haha **** son, well i got leather in my car atm. but will see if the seats are nicer., anybody have a clue if they're lighter? and looked at the instrument cluster.. sooo sexy! def will be taking that off the car. i hope i win the bid to this car.. i hear the brakes are almost like cobras?
The seats are the epitome of plushness. They've got a kickass retro look with some really nice stitching.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
hide the kb under the shaker. if your getting a black one or a black whipple
Reloaded did this with his car although its just the stock heaton.

·
Registered
978 Posts
man i want me some of those Mach 1 seats, those things are nice!!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Should i keep my tranny? or use the machs?

i would totally hide the kb under the shaker! is it possible to use my stock hood? or will i have to use the machs hood and paint it?

Is there a write up anywhere on the swap?

What type of forged internals would you guys recommend for a max 800hp

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.