Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After converting my trans from stock to faceplated, I know that my synchros were no longer an issue. I found today what my newest issue was. All ready have a replacement handle on the way from UPR.

Had an issue a while ago that my t handle threads were messed up and seized to the threads. they ended up breaking off. So i was only left with about half the threads and a small crack. And it now finally let go

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Atleast you didn't punch through your gauges in the radio bezel.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That sucks man. You should definitely save the picture though. How hardcore are you? You break the handle throwing them gears lol.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive heard of tri-ax handles breaking but i thought i twas just a myth... But i guess not

·
Registered
678 Posts
I know a couple of people that have broken UPR handles. Both run the chrome hurst stick now.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the new one breaks, then I will building a custom one

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Lol I guess when your weakest link in the drivetrain is the shifter handle, thats pretty god damn good.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks but I want to stay away from a cast handle for now. Try something new. If the billet one fails then I will make one out of 4130 chromoly and be done with it

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I have a pro 5.0 handle laying around. I didn't like reaching for my shifts so I just bend the stock arm to sit where I like it. I wont use it if you are interested.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
get a pro5.0 handle on there.....I dare you to try and break that thing.
i have a car here that im working on now that as a pro 5.0. absolutely hate the way it is. First time I went to drive it on the lift i pinched my finger between the knob and the bezel

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
i have a car here that im working on now that as a pro 5.0. absolutely hate the way it is. First time I went to drive it on the lift i pinched my finger between the knob and the bezel
How did you do that LOL. You must have some bear claws!!!

It really isn't for everyone, but it is strong as hell. Billet steel with a threaded stud welded on :)

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whatever one he has on this one is really really short

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Yeah too short for me but tbird is right, its one beefy handle. If someone breaks that driving, they had to break something else too.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Dang Im suprised to see that.. but Im sure the longer pistol grip handle had something to do with it breaking. I use a Mach 1 shift knob and have been banging gears for years with it. Good luck with the new handle man, and this years season!
:3gears

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Contacted Steeda and they want me to ship the lever to them so they can look it over

1 - 20 of 40 Posts