Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is not that much of a fan of colder weather. Its about 45ish and the car has been sitting for over a week so the panels are chilly. Applying it was about the same but a little more finicky and since it was colder out removing it was harder as you are not supposed to let dry so it was drying faster and was a little harder to remove. fix that is just to do smaller sections so it doesnt dry. Either way not a show stopper for me as I just was putting it on out of boredom and my detailing season is over anyway.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
lol i actually have some experience with Glasur now, im going the wax test soon.

BTW im pretty positive now that our samples dried out a little. My Pete's is much more buttery than the Glasur sample, but i dont think thats gonna affect the test too much.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh the other thing is the freaking lid sucks balls on Zymol waxes they are a HUGE PITA to get to screw back on properly

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
haha, thats one thing that impressed me about the Fuzion pot itself, very nice with an O-ring and all. And the flatter shallower container is better than CGs pots that are more square, harder to get anything but a smaller applicator in there.

I really wanna try waxing by hand, i just dont know how i feel about it. Im not worried about scratching the paint, im worried about a nice thin even coat and product usage.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Midnight sun and glasur both have o rings on them as well. So did my pot of Souveran. the Midnight sun jar is almost 100% Identical to the Fuzion except the jar itself isnt alum its glass.

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
Its the same with the Swissvax jars. The lids don't like to screw on right and I never feel like it gets a good seal. I've heard that they have new jars now that are better, but it still kinda pisses me off that the jar you put my $200 wax in doesn't close right, especially when all of the cheap waxes I own have better jars.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I will hopefully finish my review soon but sadly I got called into work today due to a system wide issue (1300 pc's are down lol). But, what i'm here to say is that the Ammo pot is great. Nice seal on the inside, the mouth is big (I can fit any of the 3 sized applicators I have in there just fine) and I haven't had 1 issue threading it on. Haven't crossed threads once. It is a plastic pot.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
My Midnight sun and glasur both have o rings on them as well. So did my pot of Souveran. the Midnight sun jar is almost 100% Identical to the Fuzion except the jar itself isnt alum its glass.
Wow glass? **** thats nice, ive given some thought to Midnight sun, ive heard good things about it.

How do you feel about sealants under wax vader? Im getting my FSUPP in tomorrow, cant wait to test it out against BFWD.

I will hopefully finish my review soon but sadly I got called into work today due to a system wide issue (1300 pc's are down lol). But, what i'm here to say is that the Ammo pot is great. Nice seal on the inside, the mouth is big (I can fit any of the 3 sized applicators I have in there just fine) and I haven't had 1 issue threading it on. Haven't crossed threads once. It is a plastic pot.
I like the wider mouth on the jars, id like to see ammos beading!

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Wow glass? **** thats nice, ive given some thought to Midnight sun, ive heard good things about it.

How do you feel about sealants under wax vader? Im getting my FSUPP in tomorrow, cant wait to test it out against BFWD.

I like the wider mouth on the jars, id like to see ammos beading!
Me too ;)

I was supposed to finish my car yesterday or at least do it with 205 but I ended up getting called into work. I have friday off so I am hoping it's not below 35 that day so I can do the entire car with 205. Can't wait to use my BnS green pads ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts