Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my passenger side Caliper about 8 months ago when I first got the car. My car has been pulling hard to right especially when breaking, but I jacked it up and found that the driver side caliper is grabbing (the one I didn't change) so I guess I need to change that one now.

Would it do anything If I got a different caliper for the driver side then the passenger side? For example, I got the passenger one from discount, if I get the driver from advanced (cheaper and new not re manufactured) would it do anything like make them unbalanced? Or if you guys have any opinions on what calipers I should get let me know! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
495 Posts
In a perfect world, you would replace both, but you won't notice if you don't they both should be made to the same spec

before you replace it, did you try removing the sliders and checking if they were just sticking, sometimes you just clean them up and grease them, good as new

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I haven't tried that I think I'll try it sometime this week before I replace it this weekend, but that's what I was worried about, noticing a difference between the calipers, thanks.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
as long as they are more or less the "same" caliper, and they both work properly, I don't think you'll have any problems. Make sure you bleed the brakes though once you are done.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I figured, I was just wondering if there is any significant difference between the one at advanced and the one at discount, one is remanufactured (my passenger) and the other (which would be my driver) say's it's brand new but made to oem standards blah blah blah. So I figured they would be the same so my car will stop pulling to either side hopefully, and I hate bleeding brakes thanks for the reminder lol

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've done the same a lot and honestly I've never been able to notice a difference.

Make sure your caliper brackets/slides are working properly too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm looks like ill go for the cheaper, new one then if there won't be a difference

1 - 7 of 7 Posts