Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So ive been looking into this Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection Sealant that Autoality offer.

This review is VERY in depth, he even has a black mustang in there, just read the whole thing, he even compares it with BFWD :O

He also does a comparison between IPA and Carpro Eraser, which i think is kind of hard to compare, because you can dilute ipa to any desired strength, which for me is 100 proof haha. I may consider getting a bottle of Eraser just for my very last wipedown after reading this, or just to do a comparison between Eraser and super strong IPA lol.

Read it and let me know what you guys think, i know most of you are BFWD fans, and i agree, its good stuff, but this stuff is VERY similar in composition so i read.

EDIT: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/49189-review-four-star-ultimate-paint-protection.html

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
726 Posts
Very detailed review. I don't see myself picking this up, because I already have nearly two full bottles of BFWD.

Still performing well for me with 845 on top. Almost six months of GREAT protection.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get it if you want to but it'll be as good bfwdps at best imo
Don't fall for the sick pictures in parking Garages lol
I regret purchasing eraser personally
lol, coming from the king of photo effects thats funny haha, just playin with you.

I think eraser is just pricey, it should come concentrated and be able to be diluted. I think it wouldnt be a bad idea to use IPA on everything and do a final wipedown with eraser, but we also dont know what IPA ratio he was using, i doubt eraser would stand up to 91% IPA @ 1:1 with water.

Idk man, seems like people are saying that it has a ridiculously wet look to it, i think its comparable to BFWD.

Every review that the guy has written that I have read has been so good. I like him.
It was super detailed and unbiased IMO.

Very detailed review. I don't see myself picking this up, because I already have nearly two full bottles of BFWD.

Still performing well for me with 845 on top. Almost six months of GREAT protection.
BFWD and Colli is a winning combo man, Collinite is a great wax for the money, i was planning on getting some 416 or 915 to have in my arsenal. The wax you get for the price is outstanding with that company.

This is what Eric from DC said replaced BFWDPS for him.

Edit: just went through it. . . That mustang looks amazing.
Doesnt it, i think any corrected black paint is gonna look great but that mustang looks WAXED, not sealed, and the fact that a Nuba guy gave it big props is what peaks my interest.

Id like to see a direct comparison btw BFWD and UPP. I think once Eric gets UPP on DC, ill get a bottle and do a comparison.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
lol, coming from the king of photo effects thats funny haha, just playin with you.

Doesnt it, i think any corrected black paint is gonna look great but that mustang looks WAXED, not sealed, and the fact that a Nuba guy gave it big props is what peaks my interest.

Id like to see a direct comparison btw BFWD and UPP. I think once Eric gets UPP on DC, ill get a bottle and do a comparison.
:lmao

Yeah I just checked DC to see if they had it since I haven't bought a sealant yet. I do have 2 sample bottles of bfwdps. This is 10 dollars cheaper and even if it's JUST as good I'm saving myself 10 dollars lol. I think i'll be buying myself some as well.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:lmao

Yeah I just checked DC to see if they had it since I haven't bought a sealant yet. I do have 2 sample bottles of bfwdps. This is 10 dollars cheaper and even if it's JUST as good I'm saving myself 10 dollars lol. I think i'll be buying myself some as well.
Wow i looked yesterday but didnt see it, i didnt realize it was under the members only section.

Hell its more than 10 bucks cheaper, lol. Its straight inexpensive for members. Look at the gallon price Shook, VERY cheap per ounce on that.

Im definitely going to get some. its worth a Shot.

Can you Imagine UPP topped with Fuzion. I think your paint would literally shimmer it would be so wet. lol

I still cant get over that hood picture of the black mustang in the review, that paint is gorgeous.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Wow i looked yesterday but didnt see it, i didnt realize it was under the members only section.

Hell its more than 10 bucks cheaper, lol. Its straight inexpensive for members. Look at the gallon price Shook, VERY cheap per ounce on that.

Im definitely going to get some. its worth a Shot.

Can you Imagine UPP topped with Fuzion. I think your paint would literally shimmer it would be so wet. lol

I still cant get over that hood picture of the black mustang in the review, that paint is gorgeous.
Seriously that mustang did look so freakin amazing. . . I wasn't signed in when I was looking for it I'll go check now.

Doooo ittttt. I wanna see some pictures of your car with that on it.

Edit: Holy f'ing a. . . That price is so freakin insane even on the 16 oz. . .
A gallon of UPP is cheaper than a gallon of UWW+. . . Figure that out. I will be buying this stuff when he gets xxx/pete's next week.

EDIT 2: OHHHH that's not a gallon. That's a half gallon. That's why.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seriously that mustang did look so freakin amazing. . . I wasn't signed in when I was looking for it I'll go check now.

Doooo ittttt. I wanna see some pictures of your car with that on it.

Edit: Holy f'ing a. . . That price is so freakin insane even on the 16 oz. . .
A gallon of UPP is cheaper than a gallon of UWW+. . . Figure that out. I will be buying this stuff when he gets xxx/pete's next week.

EDIT 2: OHHHH that's not a gallon. That's a half gallon. That's why.
Still beats the **** out of 40 bucks for 16oz of BFWD or 85 DOLLARS for 64 ounces of BFWD...lol. Seriously. lol. Even if its CLOSE to as good then its totally worth it.

Thats what i like about you shook, always open minded.:drink

Hey im thinking about getting Carpro fixer, im almost out of 105....thoughts?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Still beats the **** out of 40 bucks for 16oz of BFWD or 85 DOLLARS for 64 ounces of BFWD...lol. Seriously. lol. Even if its CLOSE to as good then its totally worth it.

Holy crap that is cheap. At that price why wouldn't you try it. Especially since you dont even have a sealant already. :baller: If I didn't have a full bottle of BFWD I would be all over this. As for the Fixer, DO IT!

EDIT: the same dude did a review on Fixer as well .
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/47314-review-carpro-fixer.html

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts

Ohh good sir. You need to go to the AM show or Mustang Meet or w/e it's called so we can hang out, drink and stare at our cars hahahaha.

Gotta be open minded man. Closed mindedness hasn't gotten anybody anywhere. I actually have a degree in philosophy as well as IT which as taught me to be open minded.

If you want to wait for a couple/few days I will be doing some more of my car and post a review on the stuff.

Quick review I would buy it again and I would use it again. It's getting everything out of my paint except sealant pop which from the sounds of it nothing but maybe wet sanding is going to get out and my paint isn't anywhere near great.

Finishes VERY well, and a little bit goes an extremely long ways. I have been using CG's speed wipe to remove it then after i'm done I do an IPA wipedown. Cannot remove it without some sort of aid. I don't actually know if that's normal or not because the only things I have used (megs UC/d151) wipe off so easily. I think Vader uses Eraser to get it off. So far that's my only complaint. I will be reviewing fixer in depth after I get my new pads in on wednesday and have some time with my car which should be this weekend.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ohh good sir. You need to go to the AM show or Mustang Meet or w/e it's called so we can hang out, drink and stare at our cars hahahaha.

Gotta be open minded man. Closed mindedness hasn't gotten anybody anywhere. I actually have a degree in philosophy as well as IT which as taught me to be open minded.

If you want to wait for a couple/few days I will be doing some more of my car and post a review on the stuff.

Quick review I would buy it again and I would use it again. It's getting everything out of my paint except sealant pop which from the sounds of it nothing but maybe wet sanding is going to get out and my paint isn't anywhere near great.

Finishes VERY well, and a little bit goes an extremely long ways. I have been using CG's speed wipe to remove it then after i'm done I do an IPA wipedown. Cannot remove it without some sort of aid. I don't actually know if that's normal or not because the only things I have used (megs UC/d151) wipe off so easily. I think Vader uses Eraser to get it off. So far that's my only complaint. I will be reviewing fixer in depth after I get my new pads in on wednesday and have some time with my car which should be this weekend.
Nice 50/50 shot. I had no problem removing it. Came right off w/ a MF. Maybe its reacting to the Michigan cold. :dunno

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Nice 50/50 shot. I had no problem removing it. Came right off w/ a MF. Maybe its reacting to the Michigan cold. :dunno
Maybe man, another review I read said he was just removing it with Eraser but never mentioned how it removed either way. The cars paint after I had attempted again to remove it was around 40 degrees. At first I thought I wasn't working it enough but I don't know how long i'm going to have to work it for it to come off just with a microfiber, if that was the issue because I worked it for a good long while.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Holy crap that is cheap. At that price why wouldn't you try it. Especially since you dont even have a sealant already. :baller: If I didn't have a full bottle of BFWD I would be all over this. As for the Fixer, DO IT!

EDIT: the same dude did a review on Fixer as well .
Review: CarPro Fixer - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
I do have a sealant- Jetseal 109, but its not really known to be as good as BFWD or others, its not bad, some people like Jetseal and petes together. I use it on windows and it beads like day 1 rainex for EVER lol. I also have a sample of BFWD, i am VERY interested in UPP as my sealant and my GF is looking to get me some Detailing stuff for Xmas.

DUDE, i cant go to PA, but i can do Mustang week, why dont you come to mustang week, man its warm down here. Me you and sonic BLUE POP YELLOW POP BLACK POP lol.

Im sure thats EXACTLY what the reason is man, theres most likely a temperature range for optimum performance. Most likely 60+

Maybe man, another review I read said he was just removing it with Eraser but never mentioned how it removed either way. The cars paint after I had attempted again to remove it was around 40 degrees. At first I thought I wasn't working it enough but I don't know how long i'm going to have to work it for it to come off just with a microfiber, if that was the issue because I worked it for a good long while.
Before you polish let your panel sit under the work light for a few minutes to add a few degrees to the working surface. Most polishes seem to disappear as you work them, weather they have diminishing abrasives or the pad soaks up the product, you usually see less when you finish.

Try applying moderate pressure to your polisher if you arent already, that may help leave less on the paint. I cant offer too much advice as i havent used Fixer, but usually when i finish with m105 on high speed, almost nothing is left on the paint, but if i slow the pad down to like 4, then some compound comes out of the pad back onto the paint. Same with 205, i usually dont have much to buff off.

Im actually going to do some re-reading on polishing techniques with DAs, want to make sure im not developing any bad habits. Im still getting results so i doubt im doing alot wrong. I think i could use less product tho, i tend to get generous with polish lol.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts