Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting a foxbody 5.0 around a 1990 and im wondering what are some good ideas of what to do to it. im 18 and the way i look at it is if i dont have the money to put what you think is good for it now than i will get the money eventually so give me ideas of what to do... i want to make it a street legal race car/show car

·
Registered
458 Posts
351/408 H/C/I, IC-TT, supporting mods, full MM Suspension package, Built T56, Built 8.8, 5 lug swap, brake upgrade, Custom cage semi-hidden, wheels/tires, paint, glass, weatherstrip if needed, ect.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you put back 200 a week, you could prob do the setup he described in about...........mmmm....maybe 4 years?
But you have to admit that if done right it would be badass! lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok good deal... is that if u get it installed by someone

·
Registered
160 Posts
im getting a foxbody 5.0 around a 1990 and im wondering what are some good ideas of what to do to it. im 18 and the way i look at it is if i dont have the money to put what you think is good for it now than i will get the money eventually so give me ideas of what to do... i want to make it a street legal race car/show car
Im a newbie myself working with a heaping mess. If I bought a running car, first thing I would do is get everything working like it should so you know what you have. after that start with subframe conecters, lower gear, and good exaust.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
like everyone told me one of the cheapest things if it isnt done already is to bump up your timing to 14, its free if you have a timing light and it takes 5 min... just make sure you run like 93 octane

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what i would want to to first is get ford 9" rear end or 8.8 rebuild it and regear it then full suspension lighten it up good exhaust. i just want to know what type of stuff to do and the best way to do it and stuff. i think i might also want to run a supercharger evatually, but if not than a turbo... what is better to do here turbo or super charger, or do they go hand and hand... what are the best set ups for that like product names and stuff

·
Registered
659 Posts
google it!!!2.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Get the On3Performance turbo kit, best bang for your buck and that's a huge bang like screwing Angelina Jolie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Amazon.com: Axelrod & Cooper's Concise Guide to Writing with 2009 MLA and 2010 APA Updates (9780312667733): Rise B. Axelrod, Charles R. Cooper: Books

First start with this.

When you can put together a sentence that we don't have to translate then you might get some actual advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
what i would want to to first is get ford 9" rear end or 8.8 rebuild it and regear it then full suspension lighten it up good exhaust. i just want to know what type of stuff to do and the best way to do it and stuff. i think i might also want to run a supercharger evatually, but if not than a turbo... what is better to do here turbo or super charger, or do they go hand and hand... what are the best set ups for that like product names and stuff
I don't even have words.

I'm done with this forum and I've only been here for 2 weeks. It seems like every other person that joins is an 18 year old with zero grasp of the English language. There only appears to be 5 people that have any real knowledge of the fox bodies that can put together a coherent post.

picard.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sit down and think about your ultimate goal. Plan it out down to the details. Start with what you can afford. Save for the rest or use your project plan to start buying parts for the build.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts