Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a front set of black seat belts for my '89 Coupe. I have a few Q's for yall:
Are they the same for '87-'93?
Are they specific to Coupes/Notches vs. Hatches?
Can the bolts/hardware for them be purchsed at the local Home Depot, Ace, or Lowes?

·
Registered
27 Posts
bump..

I was thinking this was true, but just want to make sure.. I need a both new belts for my 90. Gonna check out local junkyard though!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd definitely get bolts from a junk yard or parts car. If you can't, get the strongest ones you can buy I wouldn't want some low grade bolts determining whether the seat belt keeps me alive.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I know the rears are different from 87-89 and 90-93

As for the fronts i thought they were the same but late model resto has different part numbes for specific years but maybe thats just for color changes. As for the bolts, id get the real thing for two reasons. Strength and on the pillar a piece of trim clips to that bolt and i doublt it will clip to a hex head

Oh wait i take that back, the fronts should work from almost any year fox body but on the 87-89 the part you grab to click it in has a piece of trim that snaps in where the 90-93 doesnt have that trim piece, but length wise it should work. I bought mine from ebay.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Product/Search?q=seat belts&vehicle=Mustang

1 - 5 of 5 Posts