Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 v6 stang that I am swapping in a carbed 302 roller engine that shoul make 275-300hp. I obviosly need to swap the 7.5'' rear for a 8.8" if I want to step on it. I have a fox 8.8 sitting in my garage from an abandoned project. How much wider is the sn95 rear? are the suspension mounting locations the same on both? will my 95 disks bolt on? I would need 5 lug axles and probably spacers.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The hosing is the same brackets are the same but the axles them self are 3/4" longer on each side your rotors will not be a direct bolt up and you e brakes will not work unless you use the fox cables and the fox axles are 4 lug and the 95 is 5 it would be more trouble then it was worth i would sell it and buy a 94-95 axle The 7.5 and 8.8 axles are the same if remember right so you dould use the 95 axles shafts rotors brackets and calipers and the 8.8 housing i think

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think the axles are the same, but I thought the housing was different. I'll have to get out the tape measure and see. Yeah, it would probably be easies to just buy a sn95 rear. Just thinking about using what i've got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts