Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking on changing my taillights of my 92 mustang gt and removing those cheesegraters to lx tailights. My question is do i need to buy the hole tailight assembly or just the tailight lenses please let me know.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I was thinking on changing my taillights of my 92 mustang gt and removing those cheesegraters to lx tailights. My question is do i need to buy the hole tailight assembly or just the tailight lenses please let me know.
you can buy just the tail light lenses if you want to.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well if you do want the " LX " tailights then even if somehow took off the "cheesegraters" the lights still look different. The LX lights have a line through the middle horizontally and then on the outside corners of the lights are a square. So they would still look different i believe.
But if i were you i would just look at used ones on Ebay or Craigslist. Sometimes people dont know how valuable they can be to real Mustang lovers, so ya might be able to find some pritty cheap. Hope that helped good luck!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well my bad, i didnt know ya could change the lenses. But i looked quick on ebay and some other sights and the lenses go for about $40-65 bucks each side, which kinda sucks.
So i would prob still look at buying used LX lights on ebay or something....But hey what do i know i was wrong the 1st time :p

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, thanks alot im actually going to look in ebay for them thanks for you help, but i need to know wat i need to buy first

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
no, thanks alot im actually going to look in ebay for them thanks for you help, but i need to know wat i need to buy first
Well depends on what way your planning on going.....
You gunna buy the lenses for your Gt taillights and change them out?
Or ya gunna just buy some used LX lights?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
all he is asking is can he take off the lenses on the gt tailights and replace them with lx lenses because a lot of people just sell the lens......and im pretty sure you can

·
Registered
569 Posts
yes u can just use the lens i did it that way

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yes you can change the lenses. You can use black RTV to hold them as well.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
you can swap just the lenses if you want, if you don't want/need new ones and you want the LX look try a j/y and you may find them there, otherwise it will most likely cost between 80-150 for new ones depending on what style you want

1 - 13 of 13 Posts