Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 5.0 with the stock 4-lug setup. When I purchased the car the guy threw in SN95(94-95) front spindles and rear-end. Time has come and I want to convert my car.

Questions:
FRONT
1. As I have gathered, I need the spacer for the balljoint because it runs out of thread, is this correct?
2. This is what confuses me: I have read that in order to keep the SN95 brakes lines I need to buy an adapter(due to SAE and Metric Differences) for the passenger side line to the hard line on the body, correct? What confuses me is that said adapter isn't required for the driver side and the brake line fits no problem, is right? Am I missing anything?
3. Any other guiders/pointers?

REAR: I want to drop in the rear-end as it is, I know about the width difference, and I have OEM 03 Cobra wheels, won't be a problem, right?
1. What do I need to make the rear-end work in my car?
2. Any more adapters for brake lines on the rear with the new rear-end?
3. Brake line cables, I have read that 93 Cobra cables will work, correct?
4. Any other modifications required? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for the ones who help! I have been reading for hours, and I can't quite come up with a clear/solid answer to my questions. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
As for the ball joint spacers, yes you need them or install sn ball joints, but the spacers are much cheaper.

Maximum motorsports sells the caliper brake hoses you need.

What year is your rear end out of ? I know you said that your aware of the extra length. But in case you didnt know all the lengths, heres a link
rear end widths? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your link says that the page couldn't be found.

The rear end is have is from a 94 GT.. And as far as the hoses go, my SN95 calipers have the hoses, my plan was to just reuse those with the adapter, hence my questions; or do I have to buy new ones?

Thanks for your info, you were the one that was helping me out with the cooling issues I had with the car a while back, idk if you remember.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I saw your thread, you used new lines, but what I am trying to do is use the stock SN95 lines that I already have and just use the adapter. My question was if that was possible and also about only needing one adapter because supposedly the driver's side brake line goes on fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked out your cooling thread. Ya, i remember now. Did you fix it and what was the problem ?
I kinda gave up on it, and this summer I took the car out, washed it and whatnot and the problem wasn't there anymore LOL i wouldn't call it a fix, but it works perfect now.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Im not sure on the adapter. But i would say that its not true about needing one for only the drivers side. Youll need one for both sides

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Ya, i dont know then, try one and if thats all you need, cool. Cuz you can always buy a second one if you need it.

When you look at the stock brake hose end and the sn brake hose end, you can see that there different sizes, so i dont understand why you would only need one, but okay. Its not a big deal, just get one for now

Let me know if it works cuz ill update my thread with that info, just to give others a cheaper option if they dont want to spend the money on the ss brake hoses i got.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, i dont know then, try one and if thats all you need, cool. Cuz you can always buy a second one if you need it.

When you look at the stock brake hose end and the sn brake hose end, you can see that there different sizes, so i dont understand why you would only need one, but okay. Its not a big deal, just get one for now

Let me know if it works cuz ill update my thread with that info, just to give others a cheaper option if they dont want to spend the money on the ss brake hoses i got.
Will do, I'll start on that next week and keep you updated.
Oh, and for the rear-end install, do you know of any adapters like the one for the front that I would need for the brake line? What about the driveshaft? Do I have to change that out?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
No, 93 ebrake cables will not work on your car. You need the cables that stainless brake corp makes. They started making them since ford discontinued them. The wheels will rub your outer fender lip. Youll need to use north racecar brackets with ranger axles to get the wheels in the wheelwell properly, but its worth a try to see if theyll work as is. Dont forget to swap master cylinders and do the max motors 3 to 2 m/c line kit. Yes one adapter is what you need as the left and right fox fittings are different. Corral has a fantastic thread on this subject.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, 93 ebrake cables will not work on your car. You need the cables that stainless brake corp makes. They started making them since ford discontinued them. The wheels will rub your outer fender lip. Youll need to use north racecar brackets with ranger axles to get the wheels in the wheelwell properly, but its worth a try to see if theyll work as is. Dont forget to swap master cylinders and do the max motors 3 to 2 m/c line kit. Yes one adapter is what you need as the left and right fox fittings are different. Corral has a fantastic thread on this subject.
Thank you for the input. I will order the brake cables you indicated. About the wheels/axles, I'll just give it a try as it is, since I have the complete rear-end at hand. Yeah, I knew about the MC and 3-2 kit, thank you for the pointer though.

For the rear end swap, is there anything special I would have to buy such as brake line adapters or anything in particular? I just want to make sure to be as complete as possible when I dive into the project later this week.

Thank you for your time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts