• maverick

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a fox coupe a few month back without checking it over very good. the front frame rails, rockers, floor, and quarter panels need to be replaced, and the torque box areas look pretty rough. i think ill sell what i can off it (hood, fenders, trunk lid, and tail lights) and junk the rest.

now, heres where im not sure what way to go. should i get another fox, or a maverick? theres an old junkyard owned by a strange old guy that has more mavericks in it than ive ever seen in one place. the maverick should weigh about the same as a fox, no?

this is for a drag car that will also see a lot of street duty. so basically a stripped out, rough street/strip car.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I like the look of the Fox more personally, and while I havent done any research I imagine there is vastly more aftermarket for a Fox than the Maverick. Making your build easier.

But if you want to go the break-the-norm factor then I dont think Ive ever seen a Maverick around here so it would be different for sure.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Being a previous Maverick owner. Get one. You nearly never see them and if you do they are usually either nearly 100% rot or restored to stock.

yummy

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Seriously.

Street this.

Oh, track day? Lemme swap the wheels and change the intake/hood

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I had a Maverick once. Bought it for $600 from some old lady that never drove it. It had a 302, and when you swapped out the manifold and carb it went pretty good. I would rather do the Maverick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts