1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
63 Posts
i dont think the adapter not fitting due to the whipple. the adapter goes underneath the fuel regulator on the fuel rail.. the adapter should fit fine

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
and the kit uses the stock reg. doesnt it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
ya it uses the stock regulator. you just remove the two screws and romove the regulator. than put the adapter on the fuel rail wthe the regulater on top.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Metco has come out with a shorter one to replace the one pictured just because of them hitting the superchargers. They are black instead of the silver color.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Metco has come out with a shorter one to replace the one pictured just because of them hitting the superchargers. They are black instead of the silver color.
Do you have a link

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya it uses the stock regulator. you just remove the two screws and romove the regulator. than put the adapter on the fuel rail wthe the regulater on top.
Do you have a pic of this to get a visual perspective

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
fuel adapter will not work on whipple supercharger. the intake of the whipple supercharger obstructs the path where the fuel adapter must go, by the fuel sending sensor harness on the fuel rail.

you have to splice into the fuel rail cross over line with a T-Adapter for the fuel pressure gauge.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fuel adapter will not work on whipple supercharger. the intake of the whipple supercharger obstructs the path where the fuel adapter must go, by the fuel sending sensor harness on the fuel rail.

you have to splice into the fuel rail cross over line with a T-Adapter for the fuel pressure gauge.
Did you do this. If so do you got a picture

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
here is mine.

brass T-Adapter in the fuel rail cross over line.

the sender comes with the Gauge, not the T-Adapter, I forget what size it is, but you can pretty much pick it up at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool thanks for the pics guys. I looked at the FP Gauge on lethal performance and it says it includes a 1/8th NPT sender. If thats the case I shouldn't need to get the metco adapter right

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I had to get creative with Heavy's adapter on his KB as well, but I made it work in the end. Only posting in the event someone is searching for tapping info in general.

Here's a shot - even angled the guage forward.. Came out kinda nice..

The copper 45 fitting above the assembly is an addition required to make everything fit. The kb came with a straight hose barb there. Also 45'd the gauge to make it user friendly rather than bury it towards the fender.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Cool thanks for the pics guys. I looked at the FP Gauge on lethal performance and it says it includes a 1/8th NPT sender. If thats the case I shouldn't need to get the metco adapter right
the NPT sender is the sending device that comes with the fuel pressure gauge that reads the psi of the fuel.

all you need is the 1/8 brass T adapter, some small hose clamps and your set to go.

the METCO adapter will not fit on the whipple!!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the NPT sender is the sending device that comes with the fuel pressure gauge that reads the psi of the fuel.

all you need is the 1/8 brass T adapter, some small hose clamps and your set to go.

the METCO adapter will not fit on the whipple!!
Thanks mav. your probably fed up w/ all my questions

1 - 20 of 25 Posts