Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tinted the windows yesterday,,,got some water bubbles that i hope will evaporate soon, otherwise i'm very happy.

Can someone tell me if my hood scoop is stock?
Getting the mach1 chin soon too....

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
The water bubbles should go away. However, the upper part of your back window may not go away, especially if you have the black bumps in that area. Tint has a really hard time sticking to that. Just some FYI on the tint. But it looks awesome!!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

ya, I noticed the top part of the back window with the dot matrix didn't take too well. I might crawl back there with a heat gun to get the water bubbles out,,,and maybe see if that will help in that area too. It was very cheapily done - $60 for the whole car!

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Looks great!! Try to put the car in the sun to help evaporate the bubbles quicker. No worries, they will go away. The upper part of back window will always looks a lil funny, mine does and I have yet to find one in our gen that doesn't have it. Probably one of the reasons I got the rear window louver on. Does you hood scoop have the honey comb insert in it? If it does, then it should be stock

·
Registered
537 Posts
nice job, was this the first time you tinted windows? if so very nicely done... it took me 3 tries to get that back window right...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks - I've never tinted before,,,,but I've removed plenty of tint in my day :) I like the steam method myself.

Ya, i'm hoping the water bubbles come out,,i hear those do,,but the air bubbles stay. It's pretty sunny here in FL today,,,all the time,,,so I'm hoping it clears up nicely.

There's a decent amount of water bubbles on the back glass too. Overall though i really like it. It's 20% on the sides,,and 15% the rest of the way.

The scoop does have the honeycomb in it,,so i think it's stock too. I was wondering cause I'm pretty sure the stripe the previous owner did,,,and I think,,,I think those black spoilers only came on the Mach1's,,,so I think it's aftermarket (to the car) at least.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Looks sick man and 60 bucks?! Very nice that's half of wat I paid :D
but yeh the scoop looks stock.
And wit the back window my tint started peeling and the guy couldn't get the tint to stick so he actually put a tint on the OUTSIDE. Strange but watev

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya,,$60,,,bout half of what everyone else was quoting. Some dude off craigslist, local, has a legit business. We'll see in a few days, weeks, exactly what $60 got me......... (good tint,,or bubbly tint).

I kinda think the previous owner was going for the Mach1 look with this stang. I think it looks good. I tried taking the spoiler off, but the paint was jacked up, and it had a nice tan line, so I slapped it back on till I could get it painted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.