Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to detailing the car. I realized I missed a few things when I was uploading the pics to photobucket so I ran out and cleaned up some of the small details I had missed. So if It's not cleaned in the pic that's why.

Lets start off by walking towards the car.

Walk a little closer and take a walk around.

Pop the hood and check out the engine bay:
Before

After

Before

After

Here's how well the paint reflects everything now.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea. I know it does. I felt sick every time I looked at it before. As always there is room for improvement. I was going to do the engine before but every time I tried to get the F21 all the local stores were out of it.

Too bad the rest of the car doesn't look at good from up close. The clear coat is starting to deteriorate everywhere I look now, it's not bad everywhere but it's now visible to me that it's getting there.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^ thats happening to front bumper slightly but im bothered by it im going to replace it with a termi one by the end of the year. by the way your ride is looking good

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. It's been raining all day and I realized it looks much better in the rain since you can't see any imperfections. I was happy, other than getting soaked and having to get in the car causing my seat to get wet.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
dont you love it how the rain just beads off on a waxed ride (preferably a Mustang) haha

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
that engine bay looks a LOT better. lot of work went into cleaning all those hoses and such. good job!

was that crome intake piping that plastic build your own intake you can get at UncleBens.com - Instant & Long Grain Rice Recipes - Wild, White, & Brown Rice Recipes - Healthy Meal Solutions
I built it using spectre intake pieces. I'm still not happy with the intake but I currently have my mach up pieces assembled for an intake I'm designing for a friend's Chevy Extreme. I haven't had time to write make a diagram for the layout of his intake so I've left it assembled until I find the time.

However as soon as I finish up designing his I'll design a more appealing and better fitting one for mine. The reasons I don't use the piping included with the VAP winstar kit I bought: it hits the hood when I put it on one way, then if I put it on the other way I can't fit a filter on the end, and lastly the damn sensor doesn't even fit snug in the hole drilled in the side. The V2 kit as a whole is ok, but it's a major PITA when you get a kit that you thought was a straight up bolt on, yet you have to ghetto rig everything else just for it to work only to still have issues and get no customer support other than being told to buy the new kit with little to no refund.

Hind sight is 20/20 so looking back I would definitely recommend anyone serious about the swap to do it yourself so you have no doubts about the quality and won't have to deal with the possibility of lacking customer service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.