Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PRICE LOWERED TO 6K!!!

Hey guys, I have a friend who has a 99 cobra vert 5 speed with 123k miles on it and some wear on the leather interior, and a paint job that I'm not a fan of (which he painted, and maybe I could get him to re-paint it). However it has a brand new top and brand new 4.6 4v create engine from ford with 6k on the engine now (His family races so he got a good deal from ford). It's stock other than that. KBB says it should be worth 10.5k +/- if sold privately or 8.5k trade in. He'd sell it to me for 7k on the friend price.

Should I sell my 99 GT coupe 5 speed with 67xxx miles on it and 10k miles on the engine rebuild with OEM rods and welded crank. It's only got minor bolt on's... It still has $4k still owed on it, but i'd be able to pay that off this year, so I'm not really high strung about it. I'd sell it for 6.8k +/- and trade in is 5.7k +/-. So ultimately it wouldn't cost me much at the friend price! I'd probably have him re-paint it and switch my black cobra's on it.

is it worth the hassle? It's not S/C as its a 99, and it has a 5 speed not the t56... ?

His ad on craigslist
svt cobra convertible obo

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think you would like the car. I agree though to have it repainted ASAP lol and maybe throw a 99/01 spoiler back on it unless you lower it or something. The rear end just seems like its missing something. But otherwise as long as you know the motor and everything are well taken care of I'd say jump on it. A couple mods and you'll love the increase in power over your gt.

·
Registered
892 Posts
if you can get reciepts from ford for the engine, id jump on it.

7k is not bad for a new motor in it. Car looks to be well kept and clean. I'd say go for it if you can dump your GT for KBB price.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks or the advise guys, I've always wanted a 4v.

It will probably end up with my black cobra rims of my GT on it. As well as get new suspension, maybe even coil overs instead if just springs and shocks/struts because it's over 100k on the body.
I have 4.10 gears I was going to install on my GT so those would be ready to go into this if I get it.

How do these NA 4v react to bolt ons?? I have another friend with a LS1 z28 camaro I'd love to shut up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
282 Posts
You'll get the most power out of it with a nice set of longtubes and 4.10s maybe even 4.30s if you want to go that steep. Upper and lower control arms and full length subframe connectors will really stiffen up the car being a convertible. Those would bet first set of mods

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm familiar with which suspension mods to do, I was just asking how much power can be expected from bolt ons as I'm used to 2v's. or would it not worth it...
IE - 2v start at 220-230 rwhp (260 crank) and will only get to ~260-270 rwhp from bolt on/ exhaust or up to 300-330 with cam and heads as well.
Would I expect larger gains out of a 4v??

Price lowered to 6k!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
586 Posts
yes. the 4v starts around 270whp stock bolt ons anywhere between 300-315 and cams your looking from 340-360 but cost wise your looking at a double cost in cams.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes. the 4v starts around 270whp stock bolt ons anywhere between 300-315 and cams your looking from 340-360 but cost wise your looking at a double cost in cams.
thanks for the heads up

·
UCC
250 Posts
Id had a chance to buy a 01 white cobra for 2500 in high school from a friend who was given the car but s disliked it and was into jeeps so he sold it to some dude fire 4500 =/ i regret not trying to acquire funds for it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts