Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a friend who has a 99 cobra vert 5 speed with 123k miles on it and some wear on the leather interior, and a paint job that I'm not a fan of (which he painted, and maybe I could get him to re-paint it). However it has a brand new top and brand new 4.6 4v create engine from ford with 6k on the engine now (His family races so he got a good deal from ford). It's stock other than that. KBB says it should be worth 10.5k +/- if sold privately or 8.5k trade in. He'd sell it to me for 7k on the friend price.

Should I sell my 99 GT coupe 5 speed with 67xxx miles on it and 10k miles on the engine rebuild with OEM rods and welded crank. It's only got minor bolt on's... It still has $4k still owed on it, but i'd be able to pay that off this year, so I'm not really high strung about it. I'd sell it for 6.8k +/- and trade in is 5.7k +/-. So ultimately it wouldn't cost me much at the friend price! I'd probably have him re-paint it and switch my black cobra's on it.

is it worth the hassle? It's not S/C as its a 99, and it has a 5 speed not the t56... ?

His ad on craigslist
svt cobra convertible obo

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gah I don't like that paint job at all
He said he'd get rid of the racing stripes, but the ones on the sides are covering other really shitty done ones.... He's a professional painter and couldn't get them out, so he painted over them

and really thats the only thing stoping me, because i found out it has a black top not a tan top

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
personally if it were me i wouldnt do it

i cant see him re painting it without adding to the price, and the tan interior kills it for me, charcoal FTW

if i ever go 4v it will be a terminator or 11+ gt

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
personally if it were me i wouldnt do it

i cant see him re painting it without adding to the price, and the tan interior kills it for me, charcoal FTW

if i ever go 4v it will be a terminator or 11+ gt
i have tan leather now, and i actually like it... also he wouldnt add to the price, i'd negotiate it with it included

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
No.

1. It's a 'vert

2. It's got tan interior.

3. It's ugly as ****.

He should not paint anything like that ever again.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
22,814 Posts
i have tan leather now, and i actually like it... also he wouldnt add to the price, i'd negotiate it with it included
I have had tan and charcoal interior and I like tan more.

He said he'd get rid of the racing stripes, but the ones on the sides are covering other really shitty done ones.... He's a professional painter and couldn't get them out, so he painted over them

and really thats the only thing stoping me, because i found out it has a black top not a tan top
Yeah it is the side ones I don't really like. I could live with the racing stripes.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had tan and charcoal interior and I like tan more.

Yeah it is the side ones I don't really like. I could live with the racing stripes.
if he can get rid of the sides i might do it, its still a 4v for like maybe 1G more than my car, and i have 4.10s i can put in it as soon as i get it

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
No.

1. It's a 'vert

3. It's ugly as ****.

My exact thoughts. I cant believe someone that does paint for a living would paint something that ugly :facepalm:

No on the car and new friend ftw :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
no

·
Registered
722 Posts
That car is actually in VERY good condition! & only 7,000 on the motor? What? Can't get a better deal, If someone got there hands on that motor itself grant that's try to sell it for atleast 5 or 6 G's like a dumbass.

The paint, yes... I could live with it, but the side stripes suck, they arent too bad, I'd deal with it for an engine that has 7K miles, but you also have to think about wear and tear and everything else, Suspension Components, Rust, (If any) Seized up ****... but thats just a little, A paint job is nothing, if you can get him to re paint it GREAT! DO IT!

IMO I absolutely LOVE TAN Interior, that 01 cobra Mineral and Tan interior is even better but hey! What can you do, I always was a fan of TAN Interior, Just keep it clean. It also gives off a positive vibe for the warm colors unlike something darker (Psychology Kicking in) Other than that.

I'd absolutely jump on that, IF i had the money and didn't have plans for anything else

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
No.

1. It's a 'vert

3. It's ugly as ****.

all of this ^^

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Where have I seen that car before? I know somebody posted it on here awhile ago. :dunno

That's definitely a great price. Get him to respray it or worst case scenario you could plasti dip it for a few hundred bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Two things:

1) Is that a forged crate engine?? If yes, then proceed to number 2.

2) He's got to repaint the entire car. If yes, then buy.

Not sure why you guys are so down on the Parchment interiors.....having all Charcoal roasts in the summer...lol

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Two things:Not sure why you guys are so down on the Parchment interiors.....having all Charcoal roasts in the summer...lol
I require black or charcoal interior. You live in Connecticut. You don't have summer. It's hotter than a mofo in Georgia in July. I'm willing to pay that price for dark interior.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,179 Posts
I like it minus the stripes on the sides. If they were gone, and you like verts, then I would say go for it.

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
All I am saying is potential!!! At least it will be easier to mod the visuals than to rip the entire suspension and motor components to replace it. I'd even suggest taking out a loan and purchasing that Cobra and keepin both! Come on, its you buddy right!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts