Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping you guys can help me. Have a friend with a 95 crown vic . V8 idk if they had different engines. But her car will randomly shut off while driving. But start up no issue right after it dies. Could this be a ground issue or possibly a bad maf?
sent from ponyville

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
when it "shuts" down is all power lost what happens??

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Also, does it shut off while under load or after releasing the throttle or braking?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when it "shuts" down is all power lost what happens??
She has battery power but the engine just shuts off. Just as if you turned the key to assc. Mode.

And it seems to just be random has done it while stopped at a light along with while she was at speed driving.

sent from ponyville

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said when it shuts down the engine just dies. But her lights and everything are still working but coolant temp oil pressure etc gauges go down to zero

sent from ponyville

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Could be an Ignition switch loose connection at the tumbler. possibly an ignition relay ground that is loose. I will check with one of my friends that works at my county vehicle garage. As my screen name suggests, I am a road patrol deputy and have people I can get ideas from. I also built a 1992 Crown Victoria 4.6 V8 with nitrous pistons, H-beam rods, FRPP ported heads, wide ratio AOD trans, 8.8 3:73 gear etc. I'll try to help.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome thanks man. And that sounds like a beast of a Vic

sent from Manehatten

1 - 7 of 7 Posts