Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday was my first time at the strip... 12.74 @ 109.91 after opinions and advise from MM peeps.... tonight 12.22 @ 113.62 ... R/T .053... 60' 1.789.. I had 6 runs under 12.5 .. All I can say is thanks... I think with practice I can get it under 12.. also it was 52 deg and when the sun went down my times went up... Man that is a fun time.. they told me NHRA rules say I have to get a fire suit. Gotta get one before I can race again.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea really thats flyin dude nice pass

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
you racing or always like to kill the tree haha

·
Registered
663 Posts
I don't think you need a fire suit, only a fire jacket. I think you're safe with a single layer one - just pick one up off of eBay. Obviously I'd double check though.

Most people seem to just have G-Force. I picked up a single layer Ultra Shield one for around $60 bucks or so.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
lucky ****er has to buy a jacket..lol and your in a street VERT.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea it is just a jacket... they didn't give me as much **** this time.... I lowered my tire pressure down to 18psi and slipped the clutch at about 2200 rpm launch... they are replacing the timing lights so I am going to get some video next week when I go back. I put my lower control arms on already and didn't do the upper yet.. no sign of wheel hop at all I wonder if I need the upper?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I race at an IHRA track so maybe the rules are a little different. The only protection needed if your car runs slower than 11.49 is a helmet. Maybe NHRA is different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts